the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCA is used in pole treatment but that is about it these days, a lot of treatment plantsnhave switched to ACQ (ammonium copper quadrate if I remember correctly) for everything else, without the arsenic in it it is a bit more EPA friendly

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

All pine poles sitting in timber yards are typically CCA treated, but also your standard pine lumbar for framing is commonly available, but more places down here in Vic seam to be swapping to LOSP for environmental reasons and perhaps cost. Prefinished products such as external cladding and fascia are typically LOSP.

when we put bush poles or fence posts into ground,we cut away all the sapwood from the stump,extending at least 150mm above ground level.
The termites usually leave the heartwood alone,however if there is a crack in it,they will use that to travel up to where they can get at the sapwood.
A good dose of sump oil seems to help as well.

That's good practise, especially if using Cyprus Pine.....all bugs loves the sapwood, but the darker heart they dont tend to touch and also less susceptible to rotting.

Cut up a Nice Spotted Gum log today there is more to it than in the pic had to cut about 4.8 meters off that's the butt end in the pics, the 7t forklift wouldn't lift it. I had to unload it one end at a time off the log truck after that I couldn't move it ha.
Before it got 4.8m cut off its weight was about 8 and a half tonne anyway nice log clean wood had some shake but nothing bad we couldn't work around, it cost about 18 hundred bucks for the log and we got over 50 QLD sleepers out of it.

View attachment 502644 View attachment 502645 View attachment 502646
I make it 6.88 m3 of log, that makes it around 8.2 t in weight, good work.
Thansk

Alkaline Copper Quaternary (ACQ) , yup I screwed up that one, the been a while since I had anything to do with that stuff. The Mill I was working for back 06-08 had done the switch from cca to acq for their treatment of all products at the time, everything from flooring to landscape. not sure if they have changed since then, I prefer to stay out bush away from all the crap that goes on at the mill

Anybody else not happy with the captive bar nuts on the 661? they are way too shallow and you can't get a good purchase with the scrench?.
Perversely something you never had to think about undoing bar nuts but now unless you have the scrench lined up perfectly it will just slip off! yeah sure fine if your saw is 2 years old with 6hrs run time but run one daily and sharpen adjust your chain umpteen times a day yeah they grow old fast!, honestly can't believe I've put up with them this long..
My mission this weekend is to drill the ''captive bar nuts'' out and throw em in the bin where they belong..
Oh yeah and the bloody ''flippy caps'' never had a problem with em :laugh:..

MOOZLUM @ The Pearly Gates

A Muslim dies, and by some error in his handling, ends up in heaven.

He’s stopped at the Pearly Gates by St Peter who says:

“Sorry, but we don’t allow Muslims into Heaven".

"What?!!!!” replies the Muslim, “and why not?”

"Well, we just don’t!! and that’s it, also we're short on Virgins".

The Muslim complains and carries on until St Peter gets fed up.

"Well” says St Peter, “have you ever done anything good in your life?”

“Ummm” the Muslim replies.

“ Yes, the other day a lady stopped me on the street collecting for a
children’s charity so I gave her Twenty Dollars. Last week I donated Fifty
Dollars to the Cancer Society, and a couple of weeks ago a tramp asked me
if I could spare any money, so I gave him Ten Dollars!”

"Alright then”, says St Peter “wait here and I'll have a quick word with God" .

Five minutes later St Peter returns and says to the Muslim.

“Listen, I’ve spoken with God and he agrees with me ...

Here’s your 80 Dollars back, now f##k off!!!”

Latest posts

Back