the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who/how do you use to post a chainsaw from the USA to Australia, need this info to give some one in WASHINGTON USA,, how about USPS
Peter

I love flippy caps.

Never spilt a drop and don't have to go find the Stihl spanner to undo them.

What's even better is the inside guts of the cap can't be stuffed by the slightest over tightening which is a common problem on the old bar oil caps. That's stuffed me up before then the saws out of action till you go buy a new cap.

Just got to work out a fool proof way for me not to put 2T where the bar oils meant to go. Think I did it 2 or 3 times last year.

Anybody else not happy with the captive bar nuts on the 661? they are way too shallow and you can't get a good purchase with the scrench?.
Perversely something you never had to think about undoing bar nuts but now unless you have the scrench lined up perfectly it will just slip off! yeah sure fine if your saw is 2 years old with 6hrs run time but run one daily and sharpen adjust your chain umpteen times a day yeah they grow old fast!, honestly can't believe I've put up with them this long..
My mission this weekend is to drill the ''captive bar nuts'' out and throw em in the bin where they belong..
Oh yeah and the bloody ''flippy caps'' never had a problem with em :laugh:..
I'm getting that on the 261 with only 1-2 dozen tanks.
What about grinding sides down to increase purchase.
Will it still line up as those nuts have collars on mine(660 cover incoming??? To go with the clutch)

Flippy caps just activate the Darwin rule.... Survival of the fittest :-]

Who/how do you use to post a chainsaw from the USA to Australia, need this info to give some one in WASHINGTON USA,, how about USPS
Peter

Yes USPS is the go,express post is a little more $ but you will get it a lot quicker.
Get them to remove fuel, oil, cover bumper spikes with something so dont dig a hole in the box,wrap box in something (if in original box ) so not to stand out, on paper work put USED chainsaw,and value under $1000 (then dont have to pay taxes)
If its new put oil,fuel in it and run for a bit a SMALL amount of saw dust is good.
Ozzy customs can a do (its happened to me) open packages and if its a new saw (un used) they can value the saw as new and sting ya with all the taxes.

Latest posts

Back