the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13612165_1349367215077784_4471935333755859619_n.png

ok so dont buy a Land Rover.....

Ive just spent 5hrs (and still not finished) trying to remove seam sealer (some sort of silicon or such) off all the over lapping seams on a Defender firewall. Mine has Rust in it and would be a bugger to repair even if removed. Also this is my only vehicle so swapping will be quicker than remove - repair - reinstall. Im getting this one HD Gal'd. SO I stripped all the bits off it and took it to the sand blasters......dip ***** didnt tell me that it would not remove the seam sealer. Now the seam sealer is in the places where you have 2 or 3 pieces of sheet metal over lapping (corners etc) These are where anything like that will rust first and needs the gal around it the most!

I could have a better hobbie thats for sure!

If it was a japper it would be in the tip by now

Ok Guys
Who has a mill up Monto Qld way
Im in Maryborough and chasing about 30 sleepers , there only for keeping run off dirt in place so chasing a good price
Let me know what you would have and i could pick up
Peter

Ok Guys
Who has a mill up Monto Qld way
Im in Maryborough and chasing about 30 sleepers , there only for keeping run off dirt in place so chasing a good price
Let me know what you would have and i could pick up
Peter
there is a saw mill there in monto if you can not fined some one with a mill thats if there still open.

Been busy rooting around with a worn out carb ,finally got tired and replaced it with a chinga ,runs sweet now,and some shed time too
4f48d67bddb8f815cfaf7591b5cb989f.jpg
b340e72287cbb0a11baebca77e28d7ef.jpg
cbf2b1027511d1c28fdccaff4b6e26f2.jpg
3f8e4f97a1de42db17116710b491e807.jpg

Must be the week for electrical stuff ,now the starter on the 4 wheeler is shagged ,and the alt on the cruiser as well ,man talk about 2 steps forward 3 steps back ,gotta laugh really ..................

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Busy and flat out around here it's never ending nothing new really..
I've not had time to get to the Stihl dealer as yet but gave the secretary a list of crap I need to keep the old 660's going.
Worn out drums and clutches/oil drives is the main PITA at this min and I've not even bothered looking into the parts to get the 661 back to a working saw its way down on the list unfortunately but I will get to it one day..
Here's a pic of the clutches I got for ms660.. Yup its true superseded part numbers you get the same new crap light clutch as in the ms661...
WTF is Stihl doing or better yet who the hell are they getting to test saw's in AU? yep all good mate nothing to report ready for full production! lol..
That's why we buy/run Stihl Pro saw's in the 1st place they may not be the highest revving fastest cutting saw out there but by god are they dead nuts reliable! always have been lets hope this is not the starting of a new tread you know along the lines of= oh yeah that's normal for the muffler bolts to vibrate loose and the muff to fall off on a new Stihl pro saw. and the likes of= Oh yeah that's normal an air leak from the factory on a Stihl pro saw but if you follow this 2hr troubleshooting youtube vid you too can get your new saw up and running like a new one :dumb2:..
I've not tried the new light clutch in a 660 yet but if it bogs easy as and/or slips I will be spewing! I just went through this crap with the 661 and fixed that with a new old style heavy clutch I had in me parts which you can no longer get? awesome!... rant over nothing to see here move along haha...;)
001.JPG 020.JPG

Been busy rooting around with a worn out carb ,finally got tired and replaced it with a chinga ,runs sweet now,and some shed time too
4f48d67bddb8f815cfaf7591b5cb989f.jpg
b340e72287cbb0a11baebca77e28d7ef.jpg
cbf2b1027511d1c28fdccaff4b6e26f2.jpg
3f8e4f97a1de42db17116710b491e807.jpg

Must be the week for electrical stuff ,now the starter on the 4 wheeler is shagged ,and the alt on the cruiser as well ,man talk about 2 steps forward 3 steps back ,gotta laugh really ..................

Nice shed/sheds ya got there ya lucky bugger, looks like its all coming together nicely all ya hard work is paying off good stuff..dam the projects I could cram in that much shed space haha..

Yeah ,never have enough shed space ,I'm already looking at putting an extension out the back of it ,that sucks about the 660 clutches ,just checked out some listings on slime bay and see the chingas are copying both styles ,might be an ok option ,dunno if the springs would hack the heat though

Another job done this arvo,alternator fixed ,new reg and brushes fitted all back in and running sweet,just waiting on the kit for the starter motor,gotta love denso stuff ,easy to work on and parts readily available

Latest posts

Back