the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice furukawa rogue we had same model for years..

great winter weather, biggish day in bucket on saw on chipper a bit tired

View attachment 517768
View attachment 517769

View attachment 517770
Oh yeah the Furukawa it's been a good machine imported from japan early 90's 40k to the door.. Tin work is thin from acid rain over there but under that its a solid workhouse can't knock it myself good loaders..
Edit- I see the 441c has the tell tale signs of riding around in the back of a ute with other saws with no scabbards lol....

I see the 441c has the tell tale signs of riding around in the back of a ute with other saws with no scabbards lol....

ha them scars are from too small truck tool box, we need to be magicians to fit em back in & we all have missing skin top knuckle where git bittin back by saws so my crew are now religious in putting on scabbards ,,,, thankfully new truck on way few months

Some before and after pics of the bars. Not sure of exact mount patterns but the >24" ones are approx 9.5mm slots and the smaller bars are about 8.7mm slots.

Not sure if postage to Oz would kill the idea but I might be able to find a 'back load' with visiting oz friends or family if in no hurry.
tmp_6673-PhotoEditor-1470438774633344716106.jpg tmp_2581-IMG_20160806_102355892-54444316.jpg

GB's "HS", which is large stihl but can fit husqvarna if use spacers. Not that it's available for giving away, just the other (rusty) bars. I'm enjoying cleaning these up. Getting them back to bare metal seems to show the rails that have been hardened or not. Even on my tsumura and other GB bars, it's easy to see which rails have been treated and which haven't, once back to bare metal. It may also be that the jenolite treatment I use shows up the heat treated areas more.

Rogue60 sent me some great pics of his grinder setup for sharpening planer knives. I've been doing a bit more looking online today also. Am quite liking the wet stone that Makita do. What do yous fellas think of these?

Looks fine to me.

Took a while to find one, but hopefully the wait is worth it. Found this new for a great price. with two disks and the longer blade holder. Have plenty of planer blades that need sharpening so will be put to use this weekend. Even when straightening 1" boards, it's hard to find a spot on my 6" jointer/planer that doesn't have knicks in the knives.
IMG_20160809_132149035[1].jpg

Took a while to find one, but hopefully the wait is worth it. Found this new for a great price. with two disks and the longer blade holder. Have plenty of planer blades that need sharpening so will be put to use this weekend. Even when straightening 1" boards, it's hard to find a spot on my 6" jointer/planer that doesn't have knicks in the knives.
View attachment 518495
That's the go you should get nice razor sharp knives with that setup, It might take some time to get your old blunt knives back to razor sharp..
You will get an ear for it when its time to sharpen knives, blunt knives scream and make hell of a racket nice sharp knives don't make much noise at all.

We just finished cutting and dressing a b double truck load of railway bridge transoms, put them through the planer thicknesser they have to be right on 180mm thick.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Know what you mean - it's effortless to feed and a much quieter hum. Certainly don't mind taking a long time to grind beyond the various predominantly nail-induced damage. I haven't had time to check the grit level on the other disc. Might get lucky and it's aggressive.
What do you guys do with all your shavings? I've just finished making about 300LM of TG&V sarking from 6x1 lumber I milled a while back. I've a wee benchtop 13" generic thicknesser, 6" jointer, and makita plunge router. Created about 2m3 of shavings.

Also, noting the noodled rounds, wouldn't you guys have more than enough volume to justify a grunty splitter with log lift? That said, there's something to be said for staying fit splitting wood manually.

Back