the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys need some help please
I went to the timber mill and got Ruff Cut pine 100 x 40 mm 4.8mtr long to do my beds in the caravan
drama i have is went i put my piece of wood on the table saw , the cut edge is not square
how can i get a strait square edge on my timber
Im cutting it down to 32mm x 40 and none of my pieces are square
any help app
Peter

Run them through the table saw, a few mm less than the width of the board. That way you get a nice clean edge.

Question re 090

do I hang out for a AV or is this a good deal with the NOS parts
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/boyup-brook/power-tools/stihl-090-chainsaw/1121814721
Personally for that money Id not touch it to many things don't add up.. why does it have an 070 rewind pull starter? does it even have any clutch shoes left hard to see in the pics but clutch looks worn out to me? did it start out as an 070 and have a 090 top end and clutch put on to make it an 090?
IMHO it looks to be a Chinese 070 the hole thing looks new? seems to have a couple of OEM covers a 090 clutch and maybe a 090 top end whether the top end is even OEM or AF is any ones guess? you would have to see that saw in in person and receipts but realistically if all the new parts which look to be 98% of that saw are OEM Stihl he has a hell of a lot more in it than 2K??..
I'd be saving my pennies for the real thing myself just my 2c.

On a side note have a look at this thing from China I don't know what it is? but it must be one SWEET saw! lol.
Top-quality-China-production-Strongest-font-b-power-b-font-output-070-Gasoline-font-b-Chainsaw.jpg

Personally for that money Id not touch it to many things don't add up.. why does it have an 070 rewind pull starter? does it even have any clutch shoes left hard to see in the pics but clutch looks worn out to me? did it start out as an 070 and have a 090 top end and clutch put on to make it an 090?
IMHO it looks to be a Chinese 070 the hole thing looks new? seems to have a couple of OEM covers a 090 clutch and maybe a 090 top end whether the top end is even OEM or AF is any ones guess? you would have to see that saw in in person and receipts but realistically if all the new parts which look to be 98% of that saw are OEM he has a hell of a lot more in it than 2K??..
I'd be saving my pennies for the real thing myself just my 2c.

On a side note have a look at this thing from China I don't know what it is? but it mush be one Sweet saw! lol.
View attachment 520961

i think you might be on to something !
i zoomed up on the clutch and still wasnt sure.. but here is mine
just noticed he has a fair old gap between clutch and drum compared to mine.

i think the stihl logo and the line up line on the clutch cover should be black?
also thats a non AV one i think.
this one is an AV one

i think you might be on to something !
i zoomed up on the clutch and still wasnt sure.. but here is mine
just noticed he has a fair old gap between clutch and drum compared to mine.

i think the stihl logo and the line up line on the clutch cover should be black?
also thats a non AV one i think.
this one is an AV one

Yeah it does not add up and why would anyone put an old worn out 090 clutch (you can't get them aftermarket yet 090 clutch that is) in a so called fully refurbished 090 ready for work even says ready to cut slabs! my guess they know most will know its not a 090 without a 6 shoe clutch so stick one in and just like that its an 090! lol...Who knows if it's even got a 090 top end without the saw in hand..
The hole thing seems fishy especially for that kind of money and reading the ad it does not say much as far as is it genuine? or half NOS / half a Chinese?..My guess it does have a chinese 090 top end to cover their ass technically yes its an 090! no come back nowhere is it written its 100% genuine but its an 090...
Here's a pic of it
gnfgn.jpg

And here's a pic of a Chinese 070 $200 US bucks.. Hmm interesting indeed..

8942551_6_bak.jpg

I like how the muffler has been "port matched"...

Also the saw body/crank case looks to new and shiny. The gold zinc plated bolts dont seem very Stihl like.
Crikey "port matched" mufflers must cost a far bit nowadays? haha.
On a serious note- As hated as they are by the husky guys (that's understandable there not a husky) the old 090's are one saw if you take your time and find/buy a nice example of one, and decide to sell down the track you won't be selling at a loss..They are a highly collectible saw and will remain that throughout the years to come..

got this back from Bill
Hi James
yes it is getting some very favourable comments
makes me think it may have been worth all the hours i put into it
I even waited two years to find a kit of the 090 special tools with which you set the timing with
like a dial gauge that you screw into the spark plug hole and an electrical box that buzzes and lights up when the points open
which has to be exactly 3mm before TDC
so its been a long process
why i built a saw like this was to try to fill a gap in the market
i hurt my spine a few years back and just for something to do
i started buying old 090's, as all of them have seen a hard life, when you pull them apart to clean them and to take a look
you find just so many problems, like cracks, worn parts, stripped threads, bad repairs, leaks, things not working on and on
so when i started getting serious about how to make a saw a close to original as i could
i decided to see what i could find in NOS parts
there are some original parts, but i found it better to replace what i could
that is if the quality was as good or better than original
so the saw is a bit of a hybrid, with parts coming from all over the world
its cost me quite a bit of money
but i am curious to see the response
so far in just over a day its had 300 view which is pretty cool

sorry but i am not sure what you meant about the bars?
you want a 25 inch one?
i do not get the numbers you used the 3000 or what it was
i have no Sugiharas but i do have a lot of bars to suit this model
and make my own chains, grind them etc

if your interested in buying the saw please call me
its early here, buy i am awake
there is a fella in Perth who says he wants it but he is having trouble convincing his missus and
raising the cash, he's actually an arborist
that who i had a feeling this saw would appeal to, maybe farmers too

i do not know
its the first one i have built
cheers Bill :)

Back