the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats you blokes opinion on running a 18-20 inch bar, 3/8 in 0.063 gauge so It can run either 0.063 OR 0.058 chain?

the question being is will 0.058 flog out the bar?

reason I ask is if a person had a 0.063 bar and could run either gauge chain, then less chance of getting caught out if a shop only sells one gauge.

but if you put bar and chains on them,then you may get tempted to use them,and they may get....oh no! dirty!

2 are getting sold, one is going to a mate and one im keeping to use. I also have my 272 with full circle crank underway, just need to do some carb mods. A 266 that might get sold as a project saw as I dont have the time.....

just been cutting out old fruit trees 7 ute loads of bush and counting taking it down to bonfire pit for a new years party .

got another cat she was on the run 30m from me let her have a 20g 00 load droped dead on the spot

20160827_092431-1.jpg

20160827_092431-1.jpg

Hi all,
Have a troublesome 056 and was wondering about whether anyone has taken apart the SEM ignition stator? and by apart I mean removed epoxy?
I have a couple of electrical engineers at my disposal and they would be keen to help build an alternate if I can ID the components.....
I know getting the epoxy off is impossible so was wondering if anyone has dissected one just for a laugh?
Alternately if anyone has one which has fried and would send it to me I can have a look at whether I can do some surgery?

Even better if someone has a TS350/360 or 056 SEM ignition stator which they no longer want???
I know I can get the units on Ebay but I dont want to buy a used one for 100$ and have it not work...
Plus the saw is old and tired and it only really justifies a rebuild if I can get it sparking again.

Cheers
Nathan

Hi all,
Have a troublesome 056 and was wondering about whether anyone has taken apart the SEM ignition stator? and by apart I mean removed epoxy?
I have a couple of electrical engineers at my disposal and they would be keen to help build an alternate if I can ID the components.....
I know getting the epoxy off is impossible so was wondering if anyone has dissected one just for a laugh?
Alternately if anyone has one which has fried and would send it to me I can have a look at whether I can do some surgery?

Even better if someone has a TS350/360 or 056 SEM ignition stator which they no longer want???
I know I can get the units on Ebay but I dont want to buy a used one for 100$ and have it not work...
Plus the saw is old and tired and it only really justifies a rebuild if I can get it sparking again.

Cheers
Nathan

good day to you

i can not help you but others may be able to if you ever do have a crack at it if you post up your finding it would be dam good.

Thanks 2SN and SW. I will certainly post any progress.
The unit I have on the saw at the moment is a ts360 ignition coil stator........ No part number on it but made by Selettra for Stihl I believe
https://store.chainsawr.com/products/stihl-ts360-cut-off-saw-ignition-coil-1108-400-0800-new-s-38 is the part......
Problem with Foggy's fix is that I have the SEM and SEM flywheel which means sourcing more parts..... Plus this looks like a challenge?

Anyone else got a dead one?
Cheers
Nathan

There is a thread on rebuilding them ,was awhile ago ,post it in chainsaw ,surely some one has saved the link

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

im trying to decide what cal and style im gonna go for next will have to be 270+ to be deer legal but not sure if i just want a 308/30-06 or if i want a 300/338wm, very tempted by a browning blr, held one last sat at the local gun shop and i did like it. hmm decisions

spose i better put up a pic of my my most recent purchase, nice little howa 1500 mini action in 223, got a bushnell trophy xlt 6-18x50 on it
13933005_10154424205216133_546353174_n.jpg

im trying to decide what cal and style im gonna go for next will have to be 270+ to be deer legal but not sure if i just want a 308/30-06 or if i want a 300/338wm, very tempted by a browning blr, held one last sat at the local gun shop and i did like it. hmm decisions

spose i better put up a pic of my my most recent purchase, nice little howa 1500 mini action in 223, got a bushnell trophy xlt 6-18x50 on it
13933005_10154424205216133_546353174_n.jpg

nice looking hunting rig you cut the cab off.

Latest posts

Back