the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also guys Stihl have a cashback deal going at the moment.
With some of the pricing I've seen on their 660's it would definately not be worthwhile importing one considering you'd have to fit the HO oiler and dual port muffler to get a US saw up to Aussie spec.
$200 cash back on the MS261, MS291, MS311, MS391, and MS362 and a $300 cashback on the MS660.
MS660 should come in around $1450 and at least have a full warranty. You'd be lucky to land a US MS660 here and spec it out for $1350.

went to the local stihl dealer today don't know anything about synthetic oil so i asked him for a price on a couple of saws matt 660 $1999 460 $1799 and 261 $1249 he told me that there is no cash back on any stihl product just STIHL DOLLARS you spend in the shop and only on the cheapys so if you get $200 with a saw there only out $90 because you have to spend it in the shop

i will say it does not surprise me he then went on to tell me they only do promos at the start of the season and not the end of it . And as for the memo it's been all over the tv for more than a week

He probably thought he'd gouge you and not let you know about the cashback ;) As far as $1999 for an MS660 if he was going to charge you RRP on one then he ain't much of a Stihl dealer. The going rate is about $1750 on a new MS660 regardless of list price.

He probably thought he'd gouge you and not let you know about the cashback ;) As far as $1999 for an MS660 if he was going to charge you RRP on one then he ain't much of a Stihl dealer. The going rate is about $1750 on a new MS660 regardless of list price.

you won't even get a 460 of him for that

insurance gave me a ms311

hi all, should expect my new saw soon, they gave me the ms311. hope its a good saw? will it last
regards peter
i would also like to thank every one for your help and the advise you have been giving me

I've replied back to you Peter, you really need to push for the MS362. The MS311 isnt really what your after, especially since they are sending it with a 20" bar and chain.

It will take a while to get through that ironbark you cut mate!

Xmas Day

I'm a very happy little black duck.

Had a package come in today, expecting another one tomorrow. In todays package there was a powerhead.

The Powerhead was an MS441 wrap version. This is one impressive saw.

I would like to thank Stihlman441 for helping me make this happen.

I'll sort pictures then post somewhere for some new saw rep :wink2:

Regards
Graham

Peter is getting a pro saw replaced with a homeowner saw.. hardly a fair deal.

I agree. I have suggested 2 paths to Peter.

1/ Kick up a stink with your state ombudsman and get it resolved.

2/ Cash diff and an MS362.

I would prefer #1 myself. Nothing is set in stone.

Apparently the insurance company rang Stihl Australia and the tech guru reccomended the MS311. Peter rang the tech bloke, who pretty much gave him the tough s**t your getting an MS311 approach.

Does anybody here have contacts inside Stihl who can help him? Call it the good samaritan in me but I dont like seeing people get ripped off.

Do MS311 sales suck that badly that they are the saw of choice for insurance replacements?

Graham

This is why its important to talk to your insurance company and itemise each saw with model #s,serial #s and pics,this way there is no way they can sqerm out of anything.

my new 362 is coming

hi all, im rapt. just got offthe phone with insurance comp and i can pay the differance to the mower place in sydney and have me new 362
i really thank every one for the great help and advise
regards peter

the funny thing about this is , i talk to one insurance bloke and he says no i cant and then i speek to another one tonight and he says yes i can
i wish they would get there finger out of there you no what and get there act together
but aleast now im getting a pro saw instead of,,,,,, i dont no what you call a 311
regards peter

Back