the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MS311 is a Farm Boss, which is equivalent to the landowner grade saws that Husqvarna put out. The engine is the same capacity as the MS362 but it is detuned. There are also other parts of the saw which will be plastic rather than metal etc.

I believe you also have a smaller saw, so between the two of them you'll have a great 2 saw plan.

Insurance companies can be like that, sometimes it takes a while to find the right person. The first person probably had little authority and followed the company line.

Do you have to take the MS311 there new in the box, or do you just go to the shop, pay the difference, and walk out with an MS362.

And.........................photos or it didnt happen :biggrin:

Graham

hi, its coming from sydney and the insurance pays what the 311 is and i put the rest to it to get the 362. i pay an extra $295. so i end up getting the 362 for $295
regards peter

Ha there Peter
I dont wont to put a downer on your parade but this is what i think.
For me the 362 is an inbetween size saw and from the ones i have used didnt impress me at all,first thing the filter system is crap on dry Ozzy hard woods lets the dust go straight through,power wise i like a muff modded 261 better with a 18'' bar.
For me a 261 for topping and smaller work and then straight to a 441CM or 460 with 20 to 28'' bars does the bigger work.
Sorry bloke but this is how i feel.:redface:

yeah, i seen the cash back but doesnt apply as the insurance is paying most of it
he is throwing in a sharpener and oil, dont know what sharpener. but seeing he is in sydney and im in qld, i will believe it, if it comes with the saw
i also have a 026 for small stuff and the 362 will handle every thing else. i dont cut really big trees, brother inlaw has a saw with 3'bar so he does the hard stuff but we dont use it often
regards peter

i have brain loss

hi all, just found my good sharpener broken, bastards that took my saw, and im trying to sharpen my 026 with a 12v sharpener until i get a new sharpener
how the hell do i set the depth gauge for a 3/8 chain
told you im brain dead
regards peter

hi guys, yeah found the sharpener busted, so ive got the stihl sharpener that goes on the bar, bort it in 1974, its the one like the grandberg, file and settings, done by hand
my point is if any one has one they want to get rid of ,im after one for spares to fix mine
pm me please
regards peter

Ha there Peter
I dont wont to put a downer on your parade but this is what i think.
For me the 362 is an inbetween size saw and from the ones i have used didnt impress me at all,first thing the filter system is crap on dry Ozzy hard woods lets the dust go straight through,power wise i like a muff modded 261 better with a 18'' bar.
For me a 261 for topping and smaller work and then straight to a 441CM or 460 with 20 to 28'' bars does the bigger work.
Sorry bloke but this is how i feel.:redface:

Hi Andrew,

This is probably partly my fault, the insurance company were going to offer him an MS311 which I think is a lot worse than an MS362. I agree on the MS261, but that would give him two identical saws. At least he can get his money back on the MS362, all $295 of it if he chooses to upgrade.

Graham

well i look at it this way, after 27yrs i can do with a new saw, and most of me has been smashed by horses over the years so the size of the 362 sounds about right, if it lasts another 27yrs ill be happy
regards peter

Hi Andrew,

This is probably partly my fault, the insurance company were going to offer him an MS311 which I think is a lot worse than an MS362. I agree on the MS261, but that would give him two identical saws. At least he can get his money back on the MS362, all $295 of it if he chooses to upgrade.

Graham

i had a 260 and have a 261 and in no way are they identical maybe the handles my 261 is ported but andrews is not and i have seen vids of his run and it is impressive to say the lest the touqe they have is great i wasn't going to get involved in this end of the discussion but after reading this just had to say something don't take it the wrong way just saying is all

No problems mate. I was just accepting some responsibility thats all. At the end of the day if Peter is happy then all is good.

Graham

Hows this for small bore high powered weapons no knock down power .................. but 7.62mm would have had a different outcome

living.jpg

I suppose it would be nice to get to read the whole story about whose who and if his case warrants more info true the police do a great job but sometime you have to wonder just whose side their really on

Hows this for small bore high powered weapons no knock down power .................. but 7.62mm would have had a different outcome

I remember that one well but it wasn't a small bore. It was an SKS from memory but may have been an SKK. The only thing that saved his life was the fact that full metal jacket 7.62 x 39mm rounds were used and the fact that the shooter (like in most mass shootings) couldn't shoot for sh*t. Soft points or hollow points and he wouldn't have been so lucky. It happened in the Barossa Valley in the Adelaide Hills and I remember it well as we had a math's teacher with the same name as the shooter and it was all over the news.
He was certainly one lucky cop but not necessarily brave. Brave is running into a burning house to save a kid or entering a property KNOWING the owner intended to shoot you. Just getting shot and laying there isn't really courageous or brave.

wanted, granberg file- joint file guide

hi guys, just wondering if some one know where i can buy one of these cheap or similar to it.
the bastards that stole my saw broke my good stihl one
need it to fit the ms362 3/8 c
regards peter

Latest posts

Back