the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah to right, then new holland took over and it all when down hill from there. Agreed on the Lambos to, they where never real tractors IMO. Good for a bit of hay on the European hobby farms, but thats about it. Now that Deutz has taken over, there have been some 'technological' improvements but still a light duty tractor.

Hey whats wrong with Navaras? lol. I actually drove a new one the other day with there $38k special and couldnt believe how cheaply made they are now. It rattles around on dirt road like a small sedan would. Thought the V6 diesel might be better until i found out its made by the French...

Don't Fiat own CNH?

That Renault V6 diesel is supposedly a cracker of an engine according to an old mate that works for UD.
He saw it I think while still being tested and before UD was spun off to Volvo Trucks.

Shame the rest of the ute isn't up to snuff these days, but the Lolux isn't what it was either.

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Don't Fiat own CNH?

That Renault V6 diesel is supposedly a cracker of an engine according to an old mate that works for UD.
He saw it I think while still being tested and before UD was spun off to Volvo Trucks.

Shame the rest of the ute isn't up to snuff these days, but the Lolux isn't what it was either.

Yup there both poor excuses for a work ute. There only good for show pony plumbers driveing around with 22" rubber on em

Don't Fiat own CNH?

Yes Fiat did own part of it, but they may have it all now...? I'm not sure.

The V6 has great specs but according to the local dealer you wouldn't want to rebuild it - big price tag apparently.

Yeah to right, then new holland took over and it all when down hill from there. Agreed on the Lambos to, they where never real tractors IMO. Good for a bit of hay on the European hobby farms, but thats about it. Now that Deutz has taken over, there have been some 'technological' improvements but still a light duty tractor.

Hey whats wrong with Navaras? lol. I actually drove a new one the other day with there $38k special and couldnt believe how cheaply made they are now. It rattles around on dirt road like a small sedan would. Thought the V6 diesel might be better until i found out its made by the French...

They went from Spanish to Thai made mid run. Probably didn't help although the new Rangers are Thai (like nearly every current ute now) and they are bloody good. All modern utes have dropped in build quality compared to 10 years ago. Price is king.

Last edited:
The V6 has great specs but according to the local dealer you wouldn't want to rebuild it - big price tag apparently.

They are an awesome engine/transmission package but let down by the crap ute built around them.

Out of interest check out the new Ranger in the photo below. I can't exactly say which company they worked for ;) but this thing copped a tree at an obviously high speed and rolled twice. Driver had minor injuries and walked away. This happened recently. These things are tough, no doubt about it.

I sent this image to Andrew the other day as I thought it may be good advertising for Ford :)

They are an awesome engine/transmission package but let down by the crap ute built around them.

Out of interest check out the new Ranger in the photo below. I can't exactly say which company they worked for ;) but this thing copped a tree at an obviously high speed and rolled twice. Driver had minor injuries and walked away. This happened recently. These things are tough, no doubt about it.

I sent this image to Andrew the other day as I thought it may be good advertising for Ford :)

being told I git one of these next few months i took one for spin awhile ago seemed ok but i din't prang it to be sure

being told I git one of these next few months i took one for spin awhile ago seemed ok but i din't prang it to be sure

You should have stacked it just to make sure if you like it or not :) You may not have a say but grab the 3.2L if possible, not the 2.2L.

Apparently the D-MAX have a bulletproof engine...not sure how the rest of the ute stacks up

There are a few proven engines but it's the whole package that drags some of them down. The D-Max's aren't a bad bus (a workmate has one) but too "Colorado" for me.

There are a few proven engines but it's the whole package that drags some of them down. The D-Max's aren't a bad bus (a workmate has one) but too "Colorado" for me.
My best mate (yes i have mates :p) loves his D-MAX....had it for three years and its never seen dirt! As far as dirt roads go there pretty bloody good around here...he brings the work ute to visit....i give him heaps about his soft c..k D-Max :D

My best mate (yes i have mates :p) loves his D-MAX....had it for three years and its never seen dirt! As far as dirt roads go there pretty bloody good around here...he brings the work ute to visit....i give him heaps about his soft c..k D-Max :D

Yep you have to be careful of "my ute is better than your ute" comments when they've never even been worked hard or seen dirt. Start putting 70,000km on them a year with a lot of that on dirt and towing over 2 tonne. That shows up problems quick smart. That's one part of my job I like as when I go to agronomy conferences I ask all the other agronomists what issues they've had with the various ute brands and models. Basically every client of mine also has a newish dual cab plus our opposition has different ute brands too.

I see the Colorado is getting a power upgrade - 147kw/500nm for the auto from the same 2.8l. Seems like they are trying their best to compete with the ranger.

Interesting fact, the 2.8 is originally a fiat engine (I was told) branded as a "duramax" You never really know what you are buying these days.

I see the Colorado is getting a power upgrade - 147kw/500nm for the auto from the same 2.8l. Seems like they are trying their best to compete with the ranger.

Interesting fact, the 2.8 is originally a fiat engine (I was told) branded as a "duramax" You never really know what you are buying these days.

They can try all they want to compete with the Ranger but pushing the unproven driveline in these Colorados is asking for trouble I reckon. So I gather only the auto is getting the power upgrade? I suppose Holden don't want 3,000 Colorados waiting for new gearboxes under warranty like they did a few years back :)

They can try all they want to compete with the Ranger but pushing the unproven driveline in these Colorados is asking for trouble I reckon. So I gather only the auto is getting the power upgrade? I suppose Holden don't want 3,000 Colorados waiting for new gearboxes under warranty like they did a few years back :)

147 kW 440 NM with six speed manual

Yup less torque for the manual (470Nm from memory) but they have replaced it with a 6 speed now. May hold up better? who knows

Back