the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting fact, the 2.8 is originally a fiat engine (I was told) branded as a "duramax" You never really know what you are buying these days.

Would put money on it being an Isuzu engine Rudi and pretty sure it's the same basic engine as in their trucks, which means it should be bullet proof.

The main reason 79 Series TLC utes are detuned is because the driveline really can't take the power/torque of the twin turbo V8 long term.

Clutches in particular, then g/boxes, t/cases and diffs all need upgrading with big torque increases, low range and selectable two/four wheel drive.

sent from a hand held thingy via magic invisible waves......

Whats up with the Stihl oils, can't get the castrol made ones anymore??

Only the German made 1l measure packs instead of 1l castrol, 4l semi-synthetic chain + bar oil etc etc?

Did someone blow a fufu valve or what?

Only the German made 1l measure packs instead of 1l castrol, 4l semi-synthetic chain + bar oil etc etc?

Yes they are changing over to their own oils for everything, not sure what the reason for it is though. They want us to be in line with Europe, for emissions, etc.

Hi Guys, need a new chain for my husky 450 rancher. apparently I chew'd through the chain according to the mower shop guy sharpening my chain. Can anyone recommend a good chain for general duties, fire wood collection (camping) 4x4 track clearing. Bar is has the following details 20" .325 pitch 050 gauge, might have those backwards. Is baileysonline the place to shop? Thanks Glenn

Hi Guys, need a new chain for my husky 450 rancher. apparently I chew'd through the chain according to the mower shop guy sharpening my chain. Can anyone recommend a good chain for general duties, fire wood collection (camping) 4x4 track clearing. Bar is has the following details 20" .325 pitch 050 gauge, might have those backwards. Is baileysonline the place to shop? Thanks Glenn

Pm Matty his the man to talk to

Yes they are changing over to their own oils for everything, not sure what the reason for it is though. They want us to be in line with Europe, for emissions, etc.

Be alright if they kept pricing comparable, but it looks like these "new" oils are going to be a little exxy. Oh well, what are caltex charging for the 200l drums these days? They were around $650 last year...

I got told this morning by the cook I'm not allowed to buy any more saws for a bit. So I says what about guns she stops for a second and says yeah there ok. So a 44mag lever gun is on the cards

nice cook,,,, I had Ruger 96/44 in ma hands was brand new in box 4 years back $1000 and I thought about it to much and left the on the shop counter Dang even if i not shot it as i have no quarrel with pig bear or lions it be worth $1500 now

No way am i paying $140 for 20lt of Stihl bar oil.
I use an Ozzy company Tru Blu at around $77 for 20 ltr.

Would put money on it being an Isuzu engine Rudi and pretty sure it's the same basic engine as in their trucks, which means it should be bullet proof.

The main reason 79 Series TLC utes are detuned.

The V8 79 series cruiser utes and the Troopies are only a single turbo Rick, not twins like the 200 series sedans.

Also the Isuzu motors are tough but even they've gone downhill from the old 2.8's in the 90's. I had a mate of mine do a turbo in under warranty on the 2005 model. Apparently a batch of turbo housings had no lip machined to stop the welch plug getting sucked into the turbo. At 30,000km under full throttle BANG it pulled a welch plug into the impeller. Luckily no internal engine damage and after a new turbo it's still going after 300,000km. Had two gearboxes in it though :)

I thought the V8 Landcruiser utes were only a single turbo? I was told that by a guy that owns one but that may not be correct?

Yep, that's what I meant about being detuned compared to the wagons with twin turbos, etc.

Yep, that's what I meant about being detuned compared to the wagons with twin turbos, etc.

Damn it you quoted me while I edited my statement :) I thought you said it was a detuned twin turbo.

Latest posts

Back