the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
y9anuvup.jpg

Looks like was pis$ing on me today while I was setting up at a local farm fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, how's that one holding up?

Honestly mate it's a cracker. I bought a new carby of Benny because that was a bit dodgey and wouldn't hold idle (hmmm, a dodgey carby on a Chinese saw. Who'd have thunk it? :)). It was getting vapour lock too when hot and not starting after being stopped.
I also whacked a HD2 on it and a dual set of spikes.
It honestly runs stronger than any other stock 066/MS660 I've run. The chain tensioner feels a bit weak but does the job and if it dies I can always replace it with a genuine Stihl part.
Bit of a surprise saw actually.

Honestly mate it's a cracker. I bought a new carby of Benny because that was a bit dodgey and wouldn't hold idle (hmmm, a dodgey carby on a Chinese saw. Who'd have thunk it? :)). It was getting vapour lock too when hot and not starting after being stopped.
It honestly runs stronger than any other stock 066/MS660 I've run. The chain tensioner feels a bit weak but does the job and if it dies I can always replace it with a genuine Stihl part.

pics and vids please

Well that doesn't sound to bad, I might have to try one on a mill someday instead of my ported one.

Well that doesn't sound to bad, I might have to try one on a mill someday instead of my ported one.

Interestingly Rudy it's not that cheap. Once you factor in a genuine Carby, HD2, dual spike kit, plus the freight and the exchange rate you won't get any change from AUD$800-850. You can get a reasonable 2nd hand 660 for near that.

Will do mate. I originally put some pics up a while ago but haven't taken any video. Will get to it :)
I want photos and videos of your 7mm/300 when you get it sorted too!!! On pumpkins or furry critters at 800m :D

got some vids of watermelon somewhere i just gotta find'em

Interestingly Rudy it's not that cheap. Once you factor in a genuine Carby, plus the freight, plus the exchange rate you won't get any change from AUD$800-850. You can get a reasonable 2nd hand 660 for near that.

Yeah if you put it that way, not so cheap. But used 660 over here are also not cheap these days and you would be lucky to find one that hasnt been flogged out in aussie hard wood. They seem to be around $250 in china and I have a new 660 carby laying around somewhere. But yeah, as we know buying chinese saws is rather touch a go. Unless you have a good supplier. Hmmm maybe a 395 instead... nooo I couldn't. For Benn*es sake lol.

Yeah if you put it that way, not so cheap. But used 660 over here are also not cheap these days and you would be lucky to find one that hasnt been flogged out in aussie hard wood. They seem to be around $250 in china and I have a new 660 carby laying around somewhere. But yeah, as we know buying chinese saws is rather touch a go. Unless you have a good supplier. Hmmm maybe a 395 instead... nooo I couldn't. For Benn*es sake lol.

There are two companies making 660 copies now and I can assure you that you won't get one for USD$250. One of the manufacturers emailed me directly at USD$480 and my little Chinese mate came in at just over USD$400. Freight is around USD$160, then around AUD$235 for the extras, then the exchange rate.
The one you are looking at for USD$250 will be a rebadged 038, even though they may show a genuine 660 in the picture. Had one myself.
Go a 395. Do it. Buggar Benny. I mean he's even contemplated a 7900 which should have him shot on the spot :)

There are two companies making 660 copies now and I can assure you that you won't get one for USD$250. One of the manufacturers emailed me directly at USD$480 and my little Chinese mate came in at just over USD$400. Freight is around USD$160, then around AUD$235 for the extras, then the exchange rate.
The one you are looking at for USD$250 will be a rebadged 038, even though they may show a genuine 660 in the picture. Had one myself.
Go a 395. Do it. Buggar Benny. I mean he's even contemplated a 7900 which should have him shot on the spot :)

Yup that price sounds more reason for something half decent.

And get a 7900 Benn! they will be collectors items someday.

Back