the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the subject of bar oil, when the new stuff hit the shelf I was looking at a one litre bottle of it, trying to figure out what the stuff was a the bottom of said bottle, when the Steal dealer says.........Don't buy that ch1t!.....Great recommendation!

Does he still have a dealership? That'd be ban camp from Stihl for sure.

I only got the new oil on Friday and was happy to see it in 5L instead of the 4L.

A few tanks later and it seems to be doing the job. Sprays good with the bar out of the cut but doesn't run out any faster so no complaints from me.

On the subject of bar oil, when the new stuff hit the shelf I was looking at a one litre bottle of it, trying to figure out what the stuff was a the bottom of said bottle, when the Steal dealer says.........Don't buy that ch1t!.....Great recommendation!
It's some alkalite left over from the manufacturing process. Although it looks solid it isn't. I just shake the container and it seems to disappear and break up. That's why we have the 'new formula' silver bottles ;)

Sticky may not be the right word, but then it may be. I guess that can be tested.

It uses the same amount as the old stuff, no noticeable difference but I'd expect that given the pump should deliver the same amount....

I do know that it clogs everything up more.....cleaning the bar groove has shown that...more material, but maybe that's cause its runnier. I don't know..too tired to think properly.

Sticky may not be the right word, but then it may be. I guess that can be tested.

It uses the same amount as the old stuff, no noticeable difference but I'd expect that given the pump should deliver the same amount....

I do know that it clogs everything up more.....cleaning the bar groove has shown that...more material, but maybe that's cause its runnier. I don't know..too tired to think properly.

Get on some meth. I've heard that you'll perk up immediately :D

In the end it comes down to dollars per hour. If you can use less oil, yet per hour it costs you the same, then all good. I mean it might have additives so it sticks to steel like the good old Slick 50. Or it might not.

wos told he gota giggle from french exchange student tho that's bout all inquiring dad never gonna be told all but he was well weary & had a wiff of the devils drink on pick up the next day,,, ah to be 17 yold again
He would of got some stink on his **** for sure lucky bastard

Back