the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm wondering if it got moisture in it.

Does the transformer marked SY-1 LOOK OK?
Good picking Chippy !! It doesn't have continuity but the one next does. SY-1 looks burnt.
9289ca6da44d05fee90920ae10de9f8b.jpg

Good picking Chippy !! It doesn't have continuity but the one next does. SY-1 looks burnt.
9289ca6da44d05fee90920ae10de9f8b.jpg
I suspect you have 2 separate transformers for 2 different functions.

One I am guessing is the heater and the other the runs the ultrasonic bits.

I guess the one blown is the heater one and it was either faulty or the heating element went first and then took it out. These are very long shots.

The rest looks good in the pics but you may have a blown capacitor. Hard to tell.

Can you run it with the heating element disconnected?

Just did some reading on what I think is your circuit board, or close enough.

The transistors are not sufficiently rated to handle 240v. The diodes blow also (4 of them). They'll all do 110/120v fine.

The boards really made only for 110/120v and the 240v is a bad design, as with too many Chinese electrics that are designed in China.

To get it to work reliably your going to need to change some resistors, diodes, new SY 1, new 250v 1A fuse I think, it's a full rebuild.

That board will always fail soon on 240v unfortunately.

Just did some reading on what I think is your circuit board, or close enough.

The transistors are not sufficiently rated to handle 240v. The diodes blow also (4 of them). They'll all do 110/120v fine.

The boards really made only for 110/120v and the 240v is a bad design, as with too many Chinese electrics that are designed in China.

To get it to work reliably your going to need to change some resistors, diodes, new SY 1, new 250v 1A fuse I think, it's a full rebuild.

That board will always fail soon on 240v unfortunately.
I'll send it to you for repair lol. The fuse was a 3a 250v melted the crap out of it.
There are 2 boards; this is one of them. I think it's a 2 stage ultra sonic unit. 2 frequencies. Heating was still happening when it died.

Skip I think the step down maybe dearer than the unit. But a good idea.

I'll send it to you for repair lol. The fuse was a 3a 250v melted the crap out of it.
There are 2 boards; this is one of them. I think it's a 2 stage ultra sonic unit. 2 frequencies. Heating was still happening when it died.

Skip I think the step down maybe dearer than the unit. But a good idea.

If you send it to me don't expect it back working. I can't build electronic stuff, don't even own a soldering iron....the last circuit board I built was when **** Smith owned **** Smiths. The bloke across the road taught me a little bit. He built his own tvs, computer, ham radio (I put his long wire aerial in the top of the pine tree in our yard when i was about 12yo).he ended up inventing a number of different wifi devices, he could fix it but he'd prolly do what I'd do, bin it.

Vince your a beast mate. Thanks a heap again.
Enjoy the picco full chisel chains

Attachments

• WP_20160509_014.jpg
    WP_20160509_014.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • WP_20160509_009.jpg
    WP_20160509_009.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 9
  • WP_20160509_011.jpg
    WP_20160509_011.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 9
Back