the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if its a traditional Land Rover, that includes new ones, (not a later range rover, disco 2 3 4 or freelander) the only reason a wheel would "fall off" is because of abuse, neglect or stupidity! they are a full floating axle design. Anything can be broken, stupid normally wins....

View attachment 505108 View attachment 505110 Off 2 QLD this weekend for the QLD post ripping titles.
Will be racing against Will (lumberjackau), and many others..... Around 24 competitors I believe, with 5 from NSW including myself, making the journey.
Spent all morning packing etc, working till about 11pm tonight, up at 4am to hit the road by 4.30am.
Soooo looking forward to it!! :)
How's the waeco cool ice, I love mine 13L used as 7'ers lunch box.

Anyone know of Western Australian chainsaw races

More a traditional LR, built on stock standard ute back with dual cab, diesel, standard looking tyres & rims.

The time I saw it on the side of the rd. with his Mrs. driving the front left wheel nuts appeared to have come off, just on the edge of a largish town btw. She didn't look happy !

Neighbour heard it going into town that day, said it was making a hell of a racket and knew something was wrong.

1st time same corner of LR, on tow truck going past, didn't notice what problem was but guessing it was the same.

My opinion, based on observations of many similiar situations is that the wheel nuts didn't match the rim.

ha! one wheel nut, miss matched wheel nuts etc etc etc and its a "poor design or LR fault"......

Never have I had a single wheel nut "undo" in 25 years of LR vehicle ownership...or a wheel fall off

Welcome Steve, yep, looks like 070 or 090, 090's were more common as far as I know, looks pretty
clean/unmarked. Give you $50 for it, you pay freight to Vic of course :D:D

H2100, LOL, fishings good today :innocent: :yes:

Of course you are right, but twice in a row, once would be mind blowing, twice I'd kick myself in the
a@se pretty hard !!

ill admit LR QC is not to the standards of the Japs, but for the most part their "designs" are equal or better.

wheel nut tension is definitely over looked. I always do mine with a Torque wrench when not on "side of road" then those are redone at home.

Not tensioned up correctly Vince ?
that comes into it. also the alloys seemed to be a common denominator. and not checking wheel nuts after a wheel change 100km later. 9/10 its the left rear. i swing off mine with a breaker bar.. never had a problem so far. 100nm seems a bit light on to me.

that comes into it. also the alloys seemed to be a common denominator. and not checking wheel nuts after a wheel change 100km later. 9/10 its the left rear. i swing off mine with a breaker bar.. never had a problem so far. 100nm seems a bit light on to me.
Should be 100 lbs

Cheers scallywag, does an 090 top end bolt straight on? Anyone know of a good aftermarket top end kit for this saw?[

The last of the Contras would except either the 106 or 137 cc top ends, yours appears to be the earlier version that would only take the 106cc cylinder.

Any idea what happened to the original parts?......To restore it back to a Contra you would need a Heat shroud, Red top cover (available aftermarket), Muffler with clip, Contra style starter, etc.

That worked well!.....Not!:dumb2:

Thanks again scallywag, don't know what happened to the original parts, I bought the saw minus all top end parts.
Is there a trick to getting the clutch off? The nut is off but the clutch doesn't seem to budge.

Cheers

Back