the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R60, sorry to hear the 661 is a POS, I toss around the idea of getting a nice new saw, then fire up the 066 and it's still going 14yrs into its life, hardly had to touch it
really. Got a couple of new 24" GB bars and 3/4's of a 100ft roll of 404 so might just hang onto the old girl, (saw).

Thought about a 461, but you get used to bigger saws, over 30yrs, and all the smaller stuff feels like a toy.

Vince, it will be freezing up Licola way this weekend and you will see snow 100% certain. Set of chains in the back always handy when some snows about......have a good time...................

:chop::cheers::barbecue::drinking::guitar:

Have to head off to the next Town over in the next few weeks for some new reading glasses WTF? (what's all this crap life starts at 40 yeah right been falling apart from that point on myself! haha) anyways back on track will take the 661 to the Stihl dealer there and it get plugged in and c how many hr's and **** it has on it who know's?? got about a year out it..
One thing it will have is a crap load of starts on it for when your working life is living behind ear muffs you take any opportunity you can to shut noisy **** off and lift a muff to hear the world if only for a min or two....
If the dealer has a ms660 gathering dust on the shelf tis mine! yeah I know long shot but is ok to dream yeah??....

Well i worked on some saw stuff
Today cause i sick of seeing my brother hack firewood with a tiny makita saw so i gave him a ms310 i had sitting around ,
i fitted a new sprocket nose and dressed the 16inch bar ,made two chains up ,took the decomp button out and fitted a plug ,installed a new sparky and gave it a tune ,this saw should make his firewood cutting chores a little easier:)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Gumby's been busy!..
Nice looking 066 ya got there Gumby ya willing to trade it for one POS ms661?...In all seriousness the 661 is basically a parts saw needs a new right hand side case and well we all know what that would cost? 3rd of a new saw or more!..They have a few bugs still to sort on the 661 until then if you want a work saw legendary and hard working as a 066/660? thats easy get a 660 if your looking for that kind of reliability! yes I know and not making this **** up am gutted what a let down :(...But still not that gutted I'd turn to husky thats for sure! :dancing: ha....

What happened to the 661, did you back the skidder over it? lol

Pottering round at home last couple of days, had some old hand split rails, would say they are Red Gum, maybe Red Box. Been stacked for 10'ish years and got termites so knocked them up for fire wood, straight into 7x5 trailer, taken from trailer to fire to stop little bstds spreading.........

Today fitted new GB 24" bar to the old 066 and cut off a Red Box stump, made up new Carlton 404 semi chisel chain (76DL), got into it..........story in the stump, wandered uphill in the last 2ft, sloppy operator :), will grind it soon and will probably be the last stump I do as retired from it now and selling the grinder.......stumps don't get much tougher than this, it would be about 25yrs I'm guessing since tree cut down.........doesn't take long to knock the paint off shiny new bar.

Out of order, dunno why...............

View attachment 507513 -View attachment 507509 View attachment 507510 View attachment 507512 View attachment 507514

Looks like you could do with a lend of a 40t splitter Creeker.

Gumby's been busy!..
Nice looking 066 ya got there Gumby ya willing to trade it for one POS ms661?...In all seriousness the 661 is basically a parts saw needs a new right hand side case and well we all know what that would cost? 3rd of a new saw or more!..They have a few bugs still to sort on the 661 until then if you want a work saw legendary and hard working as a 066/660? thats easy get a 660 if your looking for that kind of reliability! yes I know and not making this **** up am gutted what a let down :(...But still not that gutted I'd turn to husky thats for sure! :dancing: ha....
New case halves are actually quite cheap now. I got a pair of halves for someone one here includes new bearings for about $160

What happened to the 661, did you back the skidder over it? lol
haha I wish would still be running if I'd done that being a Stihl and all :D..
Nah truth be pulled bar stud (rear) yeah yeah user neglect I hear from the desk jockeys :crazy2:. but I've never done/seen it before and I sure ain't that gumby along with passion fingers! haha...
like pulled fallout on the ground stud... Saw is useless can't keep the bar tensioned front stud is pulling now also trying get tension with the one remaining stud :dumb2:...
Didn't think worth fixing just make a parts saw out of it, but I just seen what bennne said so might be worth fixing?? will see what my dealer says as far as cost of case/case halves go :confused:....

I get my old man to machine down 08S studs to a 12mm collar and 8mm bar nut thread and leave the 10mm that goes into the case. Tap the case out. Loctite 272 red stud lock and never had a come back on one.

So this maybe a fix for the old case?...
Either way might just send it to Vince I don't have the time to be splitting cases and crap at this min...
edit...
Iron Mike Tyson top of his game what a knockout machine!....

Gumby's been busy!..
It'd pay 2 check prices on the cases, I've done a couple of stihl's lately, the cases were around $170 with bearings, add another $60 for the gasket & seal kit,2 cartons of tooheys extra dry and I'll have your pos cracking again ;)

It'd pay 2 check prices on the cases, I've done a couple of stihl's lately, the cases were around $170 with bearings, add another $60 for the gasket & seal kit,2 cartons of tooheys extra dry and I'll have your pos cracking again ;)
Cracking is about the only thing 661s haven't done yet, but give'm time and I'm sure the collective geniuses that released the pos before it was ready, recalled it, then released it again still with issues, etc, can manage to design, engineer, approve and release a model update with cracks in it somewhere.
:D

sitting on city bound train last week i next to hmm 75+ year old bloke who looking at his phone and i hear the noise of bikes racin ,,, I knew straight away it was isle o man tt race so i mention it,, turns out he knew my dad and some the OZ racers and he did much the same in the 60ies going over UK and leaving a few in graves behind.

Along with all the ****wits who's houses flooded ect and had no insurance at all we will need another levy for those kitties

Know what your saying 460, no excuse for uninsured.

But building in flood prone areas, councils must have approved subdivisions to rake in the revenues and IMO are actually just as bad as the uninsured.

Picked up one of those new husky combi cans the other week,well i as pretty disapointed with the fuel spout as it just leaks like a bastard ,my guess is its supposed to have an o-ring like the oil spout but seems to be missing it:mad:
Will have to chase one up

Small world derwoodii, that BM is being very well ridden, find it hard to watch though not knowing the track
but knowing an off is going to be "bad" news.

Gutsy blokes and if yr Dad did it then I take my hat off to him.

Small world derwoodii, that BM is being very well ridden, find it hard to watch though not knowing the track
but knowing an off is going to be "bad" news.

Gutsy blokes and if yr Dad did it then I take my hat off to him.

Its amazin to watch just so fast with nil chance of missing wall tree or sumthin solid
dad was bike journalist he rode heaps but not raced he hung out with Geoff duke and the 60ies racer ilk

Picked up one of those new husky combi cans the other week,well i as pretty disapointed with the fuel spout as it just leaks like a bastard ,my guess is its supposed to have an o-ring like the oil spout but seems to be missing it:mad:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're the same as the jakmax green and yellow ones and MCW is always going through nozzles he recons. They sound pretty poorly made. I got a Stihl moto mix container and a quick pore nozzle for that and it's been faultless. I wish they would bring there combi containers over

I have used a lot of them over the years, they are a must in our work, but the fuel side never works for long unless you keep them spotless, something very hard to do in the bush. My advise is take out the inner part of the fuel stop and use it like the oil side, it will flow better but not stop when full.
The containers last for years as I still have most of mine from my falling days, none have the fuel stop any more but work great without it. They maybe not made as well these days either , I havn't bought one for many years now and they were too dear back then so they would be dearer now days.
In honesty, weekend sawyers don't need them, the red cheaper comby containers work well and also last, they are made by Septic I think if memory serves correct.
In the older days we used 2, 4 litre plastic oil containers with a bit of rope tying them together and we carried them over our shoulder between trees to fall.

I love my husky combi container! Now Mine hasnt gone bush, but does go on site with me for concrete cutting and gets used every week or so with my STihl blower and string trimmer. It would be 7 years old atleast. Only thing is the plastic ring teather snapped. Not the end of the world. I like it most for the fuel stop nozzel, works a treat on everything but the string trimmer and suspect that just the shape of the tank.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're the same as the jakmax green and yellow ones and MCW is always going through nozzles he recons. They sound pretty poorly made. I got a Stihl moto mix container and a quick pore nozzle for that and it's been faultless. I wish they would bring there combi containers over

can you post a pic or link. I just looked at the Aus website and just see grandpas old victa cans....

Back