the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i worked on some saw stuff
Today cause i sick of seeing my brother hack firewood with a tiny makita saw so i gave him a ms310 i had sitting around ,
i fitted a new sprocket nose and dressed the 16inch bar ,made two chains up ,took the decomp button out and fitted a plug ,installed a new sparky and gave it a tune ,this saw should make his firewood cutting chores a little easier:)

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2
What's this little Dolmar he has.
Can you delete the cat in The muff and get it roaring. Plenty of posts on AS about the small Dolmar's.
I'm on the lookout(need to fix what I have) for a small limber saw as well

Sent from my GT-P6810 using Tapatalk

burned 2 hours of my day off fixing series 8 cruiser window winding or the glass channel and rubber holder what PITA job .... the glass is held by rubber in steel channel so if motor winder pulls this it out due to jamm such little use and crud build up in window seals,, its a pain to refit and not have same thing again again i was able to prise open the channel refit rubber refit mechanism and then vice grip squeeze it firm in place to grip glass solid,, a bit of liquid nails smeared to be sure and voila with hope good and will extra lube all windows so easy movement..

an sure enuff to finish me off i flattened the battery while i mucked about as duct fan & ign - axu was on 2 hours +

sitting on city bound train last week i next to hmm 75+ year old bloke who looking at his phone and i hear the noise of bikes racin ,,, I knew straight away it was isle o man tt race so i mention it,, turns out he knew my dad and some the OZ racers and he did much the same in the 60ies going over UK and leaving a few in graves behind.

I can watch those vids all day, I just wish I could ride like those guys.

jammmed a 308 case in my RPR breech yesterday it would not retract or go in under normal weight so was not much fun forcing the bolt down to squeeze it home... the 1st run of 308 loads i did months a go i must of set die shallow or limp wristed the 1st 10 batch as the neck shoulders was only 3/4 formed and i then used one of these pills yesterday,,,, i checked all others with great care and 9 are going into the club live round bin...
My 1st 600 yard shoot was ok tho much to learn as i worked the spread finally towards the 6 & x

burned 2 hours of my day off fixing series 8 cruiser window winding or the glass channel and rubber holder what PITA job .... the glass is held by rubber in steel channel so if motor winder pulls this it out due to jamm such little use and crud build up in window seals,, its a pain to refit and not have same thing again again i was able to prise open the channel refit rubber refit mechanism and then vice grip squeeze it firm in place to grip glass solid,, a bit of liquid nails smeared to be sure and voila with hope good and will extra lube all windows so easy movement..

an sure enuff to finish me off i flattened the battery while i mucked about as duct fan & ign - axu was on 2 hours +

What lube do you use on glass to make it slide better in those door seals?

I need some on one of my 100 series windows. Do you know if it's okay with tinted windows?

Thanks

It'd pay 2 check prices on the cases, I've done a couple of stihl's lately, the cases were around $170 with bearings, add another $60 for the gasket & seal kit,2 cartons of tooheys extra dry and I'll have your pos cracking again ;)

Might just take you up on that splitting cases is a PITA and am too busy to take it on we are flatout with orders only chance I'd have to fix it would be if we have a breakdown in the mill and weekends I've been busy fencing it's never ending I tell ya ha , could drop the saw off down your way would get all parts needed for the job. don't know if you can get one case half or do they come in pairs? anyway will take me a few weeks to organise all that.
Not sure what to do just yet have plenty of old 066/660's but they are getting very long in the tooth bit rattly but bugger me they just going and going, will be in touch when I work it all out and thank you for your offer..
Been bloody cold here diesel froze in the 7T lift week or so ago just as two log trucks turned up wanting unloading was awesome NOT haha...

Pottering round at home last couple of days, had some old hand split rails, would say they are Red Gum, maybe Red Box. Been stacked for 10'ish years and got termites so knocked them up for fire wood, straight into 7x5 trailer, taken from trailer to fire to stop little bstds spreading.........

Today fitted new GB 24" bar to the old 066 and cut off a Red Box stump, made up new Carlton 404 semi chisel chain (76DL), got into it..........story in the stump, wandered uphill in the last 2ft, sloppy operator :), will grind it soon and will probably be the last stump I do as retired from it now and selling the grinder.......stumps don't get much tougher than this, it would be about 25yrs I'm guessing since tree cut down.........doesn't take long to knock the paint off shiny new bar.

Out of order, dunno why...............

View attachment 507513 -View attachment 507509 View attachment 507510 View attachment 507512 View attachment 507514
How long ago did you get that bar, I tried to get the exact one except husqvarna mount but was told they don't make them anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They don't make Ti's any more, haven't for a few years. Any around are NOS, I have a 20 & 25 in the shed brand new. The current protops are now orange with a black tip I believe. They recon they have got them that close to ti's that they won't do them any more because of the extra manufacturing cost associated with the extra hardening to make them Ti's

How long ago did you get that bar, I tried to get the exact one except husqvarna mount but was told they don't make them anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G'day f01, got them from Left Coast Supplies, US late last year or early this year, (whenever it was :) ), round Au$90 ea delivered. They were selling
them out.

Very Good to deal with, site sponsors.

can you post a pic or link. I just looked at the Aus website and just see grandpas old victa cans....
You mean of the Stihl one? It's just the fuel container the MotoMix comes in with a quick pore on it
b421f294143cd7be6f56664d59446f78.jpg

What lube do you use on glass to make it slide better in those door seals?

I need some on one of my 100 series windows. Do you know if it's okay with tinted windows?

Thanks

im mixing it up and there in is my problem i used dry graphite dust but it a pain to pufff in and i not sure its really any good so moved to Inox spray and i think it better but then dry dust and wet mixes and you get crud jamming the slide.... As car is used bugger all just by me the other windows get little use and at its age 23 years the working parts start coming apart..... i dug into owner forums and just got confused so i just going wit ma guts atm

surely Stihl can do better than this!
They do. We can't get them here though. Something about the safety testing. We use to have them years ago apparently. I don't understand why they can't bring them of as the MotoMix is imported in those containers and they can be sold here. I have been using that container for over a year now and it's been faultless and no issues with the nozzle either. https://www.amazon.com/STIHL-COMBINATION-COMBI-CANISTER-TRANSPARENT/dp/B007TJZU1Y

"A 43-YEAR-OLD Builyan man has died in a tree-lopping accident south-west of Monto.

Workplace Health and Safety inspectors and Monto police are investigating the incident after the timber industry worker was found near Hurdle Gully Rd about 6.40pm Sunday.

It's believed the man's colleagues reported the man missing Sunday afternoon and he was later found dead with significant injuries as a result of being struck by a tree.

A police media spokesman said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances"

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/workplace-health-and-safety-investigating-timber-w/3043807/
************************************************************************************************

Thinking of family and friends.

"A 43-YEAR-OLD Builyan man has died in a tree-lopping accident south-west of Monto.
Workplace Health and Safety inspectors and Monto police are investigating the incident after the timber industry worker was found near Hurdle Gully Rd about 6.40pm Sunday.

It's believed the man's colleagues reported the man missing Sunday afternoon and he was later found dead with significant injuries as a result of being struck by a tree.

A police media spokesman said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances"

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/workplace-health-and-safety-investigating-timber-w/3043807/
************************************************************************************************

Thinking of family and friends.

that is out behind the air port looks to be in the timber reserve but there is some nice farm land there as well. nice little town they will get in there and suport the family

Latest posts

Back