the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If ya got clean green then ya i can see where the square stuff would be good.
I do use RS some times but there is allways the ****** bit that f-cks that nice set up chain ya had and it really really ***** me off.
When we are blocking i like to have 2 70 ish cc saws (441s or 461) set up one with RS and the other with RM for those ***** bits works a treat.
Carbite for me would be nice at times but its not cheap then ya nead a diamond wheel to sharpen it,na not for me.
You should should see the crap wood i have been blocking/splitting this week a RM chain will just last a tank of fuel but its easy to sharpen when re fuel i ues the Stihl 2 in 1 sharpener for that.
Chain i like the Stihl RM the best but for the price its not twice as good as the Carlton RM.

Spot on S441, my experiences also to a "T".

The one x skip square file full chisel I've owned cut extremely well, and still did when I round filed it after finding the sq. filing to high tec. on the job. Could have stuck learning the sq. filing but didn't bother. Something about filing downward from the other side, must be hard to retrain and old dog I reckon.

That skip chain round filed, closer to 25degrees than 30 degress, in clean green wood, best I've ever used no doubt, absolutely fast, fast, fast !

In Vic., general speaking - to much rubbish as dust/dirt from wind/ants etc and wet muddy pipes inside so the semi chisel is slower, but keeps sharp and cutting longer that full chisel IME.

Ripping Yellow Stringy posts freshly barked and that green the boots needed sawdust on the bark to stop slipping, used conventional full chisel and it was fine.

Have 404 Carlton semi chisel also S441, a lifetime supply left in the 3/4 's of the 100ft roll that's already about 3 or 4 years old.

I want to see people stew in their own unenlightened, immoral, greedy, batchit pharking tosspot induced chaos.

Spit it out K'bro, don't hold back lol :clap::ices_rofl:

I'll be back after another latte :drinkingcoffee: :lol:

Lets be honest though, we both live within a system that allows us to live like we want, to go where we want
and say what we want, how individuals "budget" has always been another personal choice and the ones
sticking their necks out have always existed.

The "prepper" approach taken to extremes, for me, would be incredibly negative and pessimistic to the extreme.

Moderation in all things and stop to smell the roses occasionally :)

(Thats 2xlong posts, sound like a preacher, apols and won't drink any more coffee today)

The "prepper" approach taken to extremes, for me, would be incredibly negative and pessimistic to the extreme.
Agreed. There's a balance that needs to be struck. There's no full on prepping or extensive isolationism (is that a word?) going on here, just what I call a healthy dose of insurance and realism. It's a bit like when travelling to other parts of the world and after a while there you start to notice how that culture does things that seem weird and when you ask why the answers are often 'because we have always done it that way' and when questioned some more they admit it makes no sense, but they are essentially like Pavlov's dog and, like all of us to a degree, the result of social conditioning. Just some of us can see it, see the destructive nature of what must surely be in many cases wilful ignorance of others, and consider it's not sustainable. I just hope the carnage happens soon enough that those of the next generation I care about have enough time to pick up the pieces and get back to a rewarding life after the rebuild of society.

Farrrrrkkk 600 posts since my last log in could somebody prepare a dot point summarisation plz hopefully y'all are keeping well I've been busy bustin a nut on house renos but managed to go shoot a couple foxes with my weihrauch 17hmr on the weekend

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    206.8 KB · Views: 15
Got a link?
http://www.afr.com/business/lucas-m...t-may-have-lost-money-doing-it-20150813-k9znv

I'm guessing/assuming the SSML referred to is the business Rudi linked to because I have corresponded with the guy from sawmill world a while ago when he was trying to sell copycat Lucas and Turbo mills, which, you will note, are no longer in their product offerings.

Of most interest is not only whether or not Lucas actually gets the $ off them, but if it acts as a deterrent for others. I suspect it is a bit like trying to hold back the tide. At least, with a company like Lucas Mill allegedly turning over $10m+ p.a., there's probably enough to lose to go after such copycats, big or small.

Of lesser interest to me, but noteworthy all the same, is the need to lay some bait/traps in order to get actual proof of the alleged infringements from Chinese authorities and other third party yet official agencies, because the Chinese court system does not have the sort of 'discovery' process we are used to in our systems.

http://www.afr.com/business/lucas-m...t-may-have-lost-money-doing-it-20150813-k9znv

I'm guessing/assuming the SSML referred to is the business Rudi linked to because I have corresponded with the guy from sawmill world a while ago when he was trying to sell copycat Lucas and Turbo mills, which, you will note, are no longer in their product offerings.

Of most interest is not only whether or not Lucas actually gets the $ off them, but if it acts as a deterrent for others. I suspect it is a bit like trying to hold back the tide. At least, with a company like Lucas Mill allegedly turning over $10m+ p.a., there's probably enough to lose to go after such copycats, big or small.

Of lesser interest to me, but noteworthy all the same, is the need to lay some bait/traps in order to get actual proof of the alleged infringements from Chinese authorities and other third party yet official agencies, because the Chinese court system does not have the sort of 'discovery' process we are used to in our systems.

It seems like that sawmill world website has also disappeared. But yeah I saw a pic of a late model warrior sawmill copy, must be them.

It seems like that sawmill world website has also disappeared. But yeah I saw a pic of a late model warrior sawmill copy, must be them.
Perhaps a bit like playing that whack-a-mole game, it has popped up on a slightly different domain name:
http://1.sawmill-world.com/Portable-Sawmills.html

Here's what they were, in July last year, calling their ATS8-30 model (at around half the price of a Lucas 8-30, yet was a twin saw like Mahoe, but Lucas type of rails/carriage):

ats.jpg

Their turbo copy was:
turbo.jpg

and it was from US$4800 to US$5800 for the 14 or 18HP 4-stroke models, which I thought was a bit steep. Although, in all fairness, they did have a few improvements over what the OEM was doing at the time.

Sneaky little... Yeah they only show the carriage now, instead of the whole saw in your pic.
It was kinda funny how they had the Peterson and Lucas model names jumbled into their model names and then the actual mill looked like a hybrid between Lucas and Mahoe. They actually did a few things on those mills that looked promising and departures from the OEM designs. But yeap, sneaky alright.

right o boys seems ive finally worn out my hd filters for the big makita, wheres the best place to buy them these days with out getting bent over too badly?

Back