The best 70 cc class saw poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So which is the best 70cc class saw?

• Stock 372xp

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Modded 372xp

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • stock or modded Jonnyred 2171

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • 372xpw

Votes: 20 20.4%

• Total voters
ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
It was brand new when I bought it Rope, I'm not sharpening a new chain. It does ok but when I wrote home to moma about it she said whats the big deal,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:
Ok but Thall I usually put the non kickback chain and I sharpen all new chains as they don't cut until their fine tuned imo.

THALL10326

THALL10326

The Champ
Ok but Thall I usually put the non kickback chain and I sharpen all new chains as they don't cut until their fine tuned imo.

That saw came as a powerhead from Baileys. They did toss in a free handle bar but no bar and no chain. I got a GB bar and a Stihl 33RS chain on it. Its never had any type of safety chain on it. It does ok, can't complain.

You sharpen new chains, man, your picky. I hate sharpening chains period, give me a new one.

ropensaddle

ropensaddle

Feel Lucky
That saw came as a powerhead from Baileys. They did toss in a free handle bar but no bar and no chain. I got a GB bar and a Stihl 33RS chain on it. Its never had any type of safety chain on it. It does ok, can't complain.

You sharpen new chains, man, your picky. I hate sharpening chains period, give me a new one.

It does depend on my time what I have to cut but really a new chain will cut but no where near as good as a fine sharpened one.

Austin1

Austin1

Addicted to ArboristSite
I thought I would create this unbiased poll for the best 70cc class saw:cheers:
Nice to see a completely unbiased poll:) I don't have a horse in the race, I would put my 7900 under the 80cc category. It's only a matter of time before I get that 2171. It was very tough for me to pick the 7900 over the 2171 but $300.00 bucks difference is a big chunk of change.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
A 70cc poll without the magnificent solo 655 AV, must have been an oversight.:greenchainsaw:

attachment.php

MaddBomber

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
My big saw is a Jonsered 2065 with a ported 371 top-end in it. The thing SCREAMS!!!!! Couldn't ask for a better saw. Light enough to limb with, pull-you-off-your-feet power. Awesome saw!!

Latest posts