The longest bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suddenly feel inadequate...

Yeah, I have a serious case of bar envy. Maybe I'll go listen to some show tunes and do some fabulous decorating...

But I can see why they would be a lot more fun to own than to use. I was just up at my dad's and scored a 3/4" drive socket set. There was a nice 1" drive set that I could have taken also but I do NOT want to work on ANYTHING that big.

I've got a 48" useable length, 143 drivers,.404 that fits on both my Mac 125's and Homelite 2100.I've only used it about 4 times.

144 inches? Holy smokes. A 12 foot bar... now I can hear Troll saying something about the saw being bar heavy. ;) Of course, compared to the bar, the saw is probably light? With 24+ feet of chain...

What saw was that bar fitted for?
It had a Husqvarna tail pattern. It was sold to guy in Kentucky that was cutting up a walnut tree.

OK, what is your longest bar and for what saw?

Mine is the 25 inch on my MS 361. *update: I actually I have a 36 inch on my old Mac... and a 25 inch also on the dead Olympyk.

And who out there in AS land has the looooooongest bar in the the world? We here in long bar west wanna know... photos please?

I realize you are somewhat new here, but trust me this query will bring pics to light that will give you nightmares.

OK, what is your longest bar and for what saw?

Mine is the 25 inch on my MS 361. *update: I actually I have a 36 inch on my old Mac... and a 25 inch also on the dead Olympyk.

And who out there in AS land has the looooooongest bar in the the world? We here in long bar west wanna know... photos please?

Here is a 6400 with the big ten inch Griffiths&Beerens bar from WOJO
IM000651.jpg

880 with a 59"?? or is it a 60" if I remember & I cant right now!! I have also when I was younger & dumber ran the homelite superwhiz with an 8ft bar, now its just for memorabilia sake, I laugh sometimes the sticker on the air cleaner reads "DANGER decibel level exceeds safety limits always wear hearing protection" even with hearing protection that thing will still play hell on the ears!!

my main saws are the 460`s one with a 24" the other a 28" the 880 is a good flush cut saw before the stump machine comes in!! God when will they make a laser saw? LOL

LXT.......

I have a 42" bar for the 394 but it doesn't see much use. Even the 36" on the 660 doesn't see that much use compared to the shorter bar/saw combos. Back in the seventies I remember some long bars around here that were used cutting redwood burl. Probably 6' to 8', but that is just a guess.

56 Mag II

I've got a 30" on my 56 Mag II. It's wayyyyyy to short for that saw, but that's what it came with. I called Scott and Steve from the Cutting edge for a 42 I think if I remember correctly. There are definitely times I could use a 40+ incher. I think I'll prolly buy one in the next month or 2 for sure... My 7900 and 288XP both run a 24" bar mostly, the 7900 I put a 20" on for limbing and what not just for weight...

:cheers:

Back