The most underated saw....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the 576, the 290/310 and the 441. Have owned them all. I like my Plain Jane 441 far more than I thought I would. The first one I ran years ago had the soft springs. This ZR one I have now is better. The 290 & 310 just need a Euro muffler mod on them to run well. Everyone wants the 390 in the series, but that is a vibration monster. The 576 was my favorite Husky saw, and that thing ran smooth. Gets no respect. The 576 sells for cheap used around here, as do a lot of 441s. 290s are mostly overpriced... for what you get.

Husqvarna 61, 257

Stihl MS 250, MS290.

I have a friend that has a fair sized business (four crews), and I repair his equipment.
He uses the 250s for the ground crews along with his other pro saws, because they are inexpensive and they can do a lot of work. On my recommendation, he uses Stihl Ultra oil, and has never had a top or bottom end failure! This is a guy that makes a living with saws, so he knows a thing or two. A small investment compared to a pro saw, which he knows will eventually be destroyed by an employee. Normally they are retired after they are run over, etc, and then used for parts.

Just my 2 cents.

shindaiwa 269T top handle. Dead reliable and very light, a real joy to use for the small stuff.
Husqvarna rancher 55/455 : I see a lot of happy users around.
Dolmar 6000i /120SI : a bit outdated and heavy, but they will last forever.
and many more....

Latest posts

Back