the ms461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That a 576 at the top?

I see my lonely Husky!!

Yep.....that's your 576 Mike. After having a pile of 394s and 395s here lately that saw seems small and light. :laugh:

More interesting, what is the MSRP sitting on that bench? Close to $7,000 not knowing the MSRP of the others, but each Stihl there is dang near a grand, maybe a touch over, If the top Stihl is a 660 it is over a grand.

:)

dw

The top Stihl was a basket case MS361 so I'd put the value on the bench closer to 6000.00 :msp_smile:

mmm about the same as the 440 and the 460

Spot on in my mind.....I've given it some thought on Stihl's marketing plan. They could give a rat's ass what we CAD victims think. They are interested in sales. The MS461 being non-strato (at least thru the intake side) and not m-tronic makes it more appealing to most guys that will end up killing trees with it day in and day out. Most guys I talk to just want a saw that does what it's suppose to.......cut wood without any fuss. Stihl's old school design is a proven machine to those guys. You know......if it ain't broke why fix it? :msp_sneaky:

Spot on in my mind.....I've given it some thought on Stihl's marketing plan. They could give a rat's ass what we CAD victims think. They are interested in sales. The MS461 being non-strato (at least thru the intake side) and not m-tronic makes it more appealing to most guys that will end up killing trees with it day in and day out. Most guys I talk to just want a saw that does what it's suppose to.......cut wood without any fuss. Stihl's old school design is a proven machine to those guys. You know......if it ain't broke why fix it? :msp_sneaky:

got it in one randy

Yeah, I have no doubt Stihl kept the 461 simple for a reason, and I like that. I do appreciate the 441-CM, but god forbid if something goes haywire with the carb. When I bought my 461 the other day, the dealer was telling me they just had to replace a 441-CM carb, to the tune of $130, for a customer who ran some bad gas with water in it. Not sure about all the details, but it got me thinking. I have a date planned for the 461 with some big trees tomorrow to put it through the paces.

Yeah, I have no doubt Stihl kept the 461 simple for a reason, and I like that. I do appreciate the 441-CM, but god forbid if something goes haywire with the carb. When I bought my 461 the other day, the dealer was telling me they just had to replace a 441-CM carb, to the tune of $130, for a customer who ran some bad gas with water in it. Not sure about all the details, but it got me thinking. I have a date planned for the 461 with some big trees tomorrow to put it through the paces.

any chance of some video

The MS461 being non-strato (at least thru the intake side) and not m-tronic makes it more appealing to most guys that will end up killing trees with it day in and day out.

Agreed. I think that's borne out by Stihl taking the 441 out of the 1128 series classification (that the 440, 460 and 461 are) and giving it a new 1138 series designation.
Both (441 and 461) are now near enough as makes no difference in power to weight (stock) so the differentiator is the technology.

Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit to the location of the decomp valve (i.e., side vs center)?

can you pick out the 461?

cleanupbench001.jpg
third to the closest one.

sounds like has good tourqe stock ,should pull the 32 inch bar nice ,that pencil sized exhaust hole probly isnt helping the rpms

[video=youtube;kGcMaDQUnms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGcMaDQUnms&feature=plcp[/video]

when i first heard that saw idling i was gunna say it's had a mm and then i seen the dual port cover :msp_sneaky:

and all i can say is wow that is strong for a stock 76.5 cc saw can't wait to see it with 200PSI

hey randy that thing is as fast as that vid of that husky 394 you just uploaded

Back