The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's still some jobs out west with big timber on them ,i see log trucks on way to work sometimes 6 logs making the whole load ,once in a while see 3 logs to a load ,no 20 inch bars cuttin those ones :msp_wink:

there's still some jobs out west with big timber on them ,i see log trucks on way to work sometimes 6 logs making the whole load ,once in a while see 3 logs to a load ,no 20 inch bars cuttin those ones :msp_wink:

I cut a 5 count load last year....5whole trees tho :hmm3grin2orange: 20 will cut a 40..if ya got to.

dam, they long. that's how ya guys get that big feet per acre. they got what 7-8 logs? more?

4 maybe 5 logs to a stick... if they didn't get dropped and broken... long logs remember...36-40'. That would also be right around 5 trees to a log load, maybe less... hard to say from a picture.

I wanted to strangle my ex boss/boss for getting me down to this furnace of a state. The ground beneath my feet was wet from me sweating. And then a tree service brought in a load of crap that was just chuck full of metal. So I tried to trim some of it out and hit a flag pole holder.....broke 4 teeth off a brand new fresh outta the box loop of skip chain..... But I discovered that sweet gum cuts like butter with full comp :chainsaw: The Pete decided to have an electronic fit of convulsions early this morning. So I just ran the chipper , bucked up some tree length stuff to make it easier to handle and tried to stay out of the sun.

Scribner, and dead reckoning... take a guestimate on the height and taper, use one of them clinometer thingys if you got one...

To be honest its all guess and by golly for me...

would ya believe I come closer guesstemating than with doyle? I don't think they modeled it for big mature timber with no taper. works better on mid size timber imo. or it to bennifit big mills, but can't be off that much when bidding on nice stuff. every body wants that ya know.

well, what do ya think? new?

I think oregon chains suck... and did a muf mod as soon as I got home... should be a little more snappy now, or at least noisier:msp_w00t:. Converted the craptastic chain to chisel, I'll have to see how she cuts in big wood tomorrow morning, got a couple pumpkins to dump.

Compared to the 461 its a dog, but its got enough torque to pull a 42" bar and that's why I got it. The 461 will hold its own with the 32 on there but I can shut it down if I pull to hard... the 066 is slow but it will keep cutting.

I think oregon chains suck... and did a muf mod as soon as I got home... should be a little more snappy now, or at least noisier:msp_w00t:. Converted the craptastic chain to chisel, I'll have to see how she cuts in big wood tomorrow morning, got a couple pumpkins to dump.

Compared to the 461 its a dog, but its got enough torque to pull a 42" bar and that's why I got it. The 461 will hold its own with the 32 on there but I can shut it down if I pull to hard... the 066 is slow but it will keep cutting.

yea, that's my thoughts to. i'd rather use the 461 really. I been thinkin to send off the 660 n see how that works out.

i feel that way on the 461 too ,seems to sound angrier than the 660 cutting ,both mine randy ported ,660 may have little more tourque leaning on it ,to me its not worth packing the extra weight

i feel that way on the 461 too ,seems to sound angrier than the 660 cutting ,both mine randy ported ,660 may have little more tourque leaning on it ,to me its not worth packing the extra weight

i'm fixin to find out what he can do with a 660. really I allways thought it was a turd. really expected it to be more.

Make a pumpkin carving video:rock:

Back