The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear cut bro........I dunno what they doing with it ......don't care either lol.....just laid them out.......guess I got the call cause it was a long walk in and dudes here lazy sods lol

i'm fixin to find out what he can do with a 660. really I allways thought it was a turd. really expected it to be more.

randy tested my 660 against a 461 he did ,they were about neck and neck ,461 like 1 sec faster ,but he said could lean on the 660 more without a bog ,there's a thread somewhere with vid

[video=youtube;-jFHJxl-p4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-jFHJxl-p4U#t=0s[/video]

Last edited:
[video=youtube;h3CMXwcW_lk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h3CMXwcW_lk#t=0s[/video]

Embedded forbyou. The link didn't work for me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h3CMXwcW_lk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-jFHJxl-p4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Make a pumpkin carving video:rock:

I have trouble with video... can't get them off my phone... I've tried to take a few of some of the ceders I fell recently, one all I got was a still of a stihl next to a blurry finger and what looks like a tree? the other shows me starting the undercut, and then my phone takes a header off the stump and shuts itself off... I do have one on the phone that turned out ok other then I'm more klutsy than ussual... was taken the morning after I got out of the ER and was running about a quart low...just can't get the phone to speak with the pooter, I think they hate each other... or me?

it's funny I never thought of it as logging place lol. these cats headed to the ocean prolly think the same here.

Oh there a bit of timber cut ......Prob more up here than the rest of the UK.....most is cut by bunchers......there are a few skyline shows but they in the Western Highlands .....but nothing like the shows in the PNW ........the costs over here are getting very prohibitive and the hoops ya gotta jump thru ya wouldn't believe ........I only get calls for awkward/nasty stuff that the dudes can't or won't take on lol......It funny when ya see all the bravado and advice ......til it comes to falling them.......then there no one to be seen

Oh there a bit of timber cut ......Prob more up here than the rest of the UK.....most is cut by bunchers......there are a few skyline shows but they in the Western Highlands .....but nothing like the shows in the PNW ........the costs over here are getting very prohibitive and the hoops ya gotta jump thru ya wouldn't believe ........I only get calls for awkward/nasty stuff that the dudes can't or won't take on lol......It funny when ya see all the bravado and advice ......til it comes to falling them.......then there no one to be seen

part of the joy of private work is having the HO say yeah I could do it but...
or the misguided advice... can be entertaining at times... or just down right annoying and dangerous

that so true. subbed a guy that cut in Montana [allegedly] he never did cut the biggest or problem trees. I had to do it. can't leave 1000 dollar trees

I'm sort of here. Going back and forth between trying to get a bite to eat and taking care of the 4 month old. Got most of the saws ready for tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back