The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gologit......that vid ya posted .......It easy to see that dude been a faller for a wee while and juss gets the job done

I'm sort of here. Going back and forth between trying to get a bite to eat and taking care of the 4 month old. Got most of the saws ready for tomorrow.

Glad I'm past the stage of having 4 month olds around lol.............got grand kids but good thing is can give em back lol...............

Im goin home tomorrow .... Chipped , and trucked 792 ton for the week.. good enough. The dirty souf was fun and all... but I want to go HOME and stay there.

Im goin home tomorrow .... Chipped , and trucked 792 ton for the week.. good enough. The dirty souf was fun and all... but I want to go HOME and stay there.

safe home bro .......the South juss ain't for ya lol

I never thought of myself as having an accent ...... But apparently I do... I just thought it was accent neutral lol. The souferners say they have a hard time understanding what I say :msp_unsure: Oh well... I'll go say my good byes to the chipper..sob cry sob.... thank god (ifin there is such a thing) Im goin home tomorrow.....

:hmm3grin2orange::givebeer:
I never thought of myself as having an accent ...... But apparently I do... I just thought it was accent neutral lol. The souferners say they have a hard time understanding what I say :msp_unsure: Oh well... I'll go say my good byes to the chipper..sob cry sob.... thank god (ifin there is such a thing) Im goin home tomorrow.....

There is not a tomorrow for sure and IMHO there is a God. IT just ain't me......:msp_wink:not that I'd ever want the job:dizzy: I can't even make it through a gov't saw class fer cryin' out loud.

ya got a slight one, so do I but it's ok bro. we all in this together.

View attachment 305144 This has been the bane of my existence since I have been down here, and the problem is still not resolved (which makes it not my problem once I leave here tomorrow). The knives are sharpened at different angles.. which is no good... And they are babbited at different heights, which is also no good. When dealing with tight tolerances (0.050) between the knives and whats called the anvil..... height differences between the knives can make things go *****BANG**** and lots of metal bits all over the place..... Sorry I'll shut up now....

randy tested my 660 against a 461 he did ,they were about neck and neck ,461 like 1 sec faster ,but he said could lean on the 660 more without a bog ,there's a thread somewhere with vid

[video=youtube;-jFHJxl-p4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-jFHJxl-p4U#t=0s[/video]

I'd run that one just for the sound:rock: That looks beastly strong

Nicely done. When you have a gentle slope and long ground sometimes you can lay 'em out like that.

It was good that it was neatly done and on fairly flat ground. It was part of the sale where the court decided on the logging system, and judges don't understand such things as lift and roman nosed ground. It had to be skyline logged. One day I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of tree scarring going on--the rigging crew had changed over due to jail time and attrition. THEY claimed it was the fallers who were scarring up the leave trees. I knew better but had to put on the appearance of checking it out so I had to wander out and about in the brush. Having it done so neatly just made the wallowing a bit easier to do.

Then I went back to the boss and had a talk...things got better on the yarding end.

I'd run that one just for the sound:rock: That looks beastly strong

the stuff i cut ,the fiber's aren't as hard as that stuff ,doug fir and cedar and alder mostly , the saw doesn't bog down as bad like that hard stuff Randy was cutting on ,he ported that 660 for tourque for milling ,so some rpm may have been sacrificed for pull,if you tell your builder how you are going to use your saw ,they can adjust the power in the timing #'s to do different things ,not all ported saws run the same when done

Latest posts

Back