The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A slight hijack. Back in 86 I snapped my left collarbone and broke some ribs. My BIL thought he'd bring me some books to read. They were Pat McManus books. Weird experience to laugh your ass off while in serious pain!

Yup. His books and stories will brighten up anybody's day.

A slight hijack. Back in 86 I snapped my left collarbone and broke some ribs. My BIL thought he'd bring me some books to read. They were Pat McManus books. Weird experience to laugh your ass off while in serious pain!

Way back when, I suppose I was about 10 or so, I had 2 cracked ribs. The day after it happened was the first time I heard Ray Stevens "Mississippi Squirrel Revival". Dang that hurt!

Way back when, I suppose I was about 10 or so, I had 2 cracked ribs. The day after it happened was the first time I heard Ray Stevens "Mississippi Squirrel Revival". Dang that hurt!

Then you might remember this one. Quite possibly my favorite Ray Stevens tune. :D

Andy

I'm a logger, just up from coos bay oregon knocking out the power for all your neighbors...

My hair was pink once for about a week... just say'n fire engine red tends to fade pretty fast...
The question still remains.
Are you "quite possibly the toughest man on earth"? :laugh:

Andy

Well folks...my day is in and I am at the house...and that is a good thing!....mudd!

I ran my new saw today! I fricken love the power and speed it has! Honestly I hate to tell the rest of the story due to the fact that I will not be running any saw with a full wrap handle. I was able to turn the saw over and match cuts and all that...really no issue there at all.

Fortunately my boss was interested in how the full wrap would work, and there is snow on the ground making normal stumps appear high. I left work today not very proud of my work, and even though I walked back through the set with my 660 and I re-cut my stumps...I left today feeling as I did a poor job... I cannot allow myself to leave such a stump. Hell they weren't even all that high, but they were as low as you can put the saw unless you carry a shovel and dig the ground out to where I can get the handle ...**** it..I can't even explain it. I'm pretty upset with myself over it. I feel you guys will think less of me because I am not going to run a full wrap...I'm pretty embarrassed but at least I will be able to retain my job that I really need.

I love the saw though! Sounds wicked, rifles through oak, cuts pine so fast they quiver on the stump...

I just hope that none of the people I respect on this forum think I am not a logger due to my half wrapped low stumps...sorry guys if I let ya down, I tried.

Well folks...my day is in and I am at the house...and that is a good thing!....mudd!

I ran my new saw today! I fricken love the power and speed it has! Honestly I hate to tell the rest of the story due to the fact that I will not be running any saw with a full wrap handle. I was able to turn the saw over and match cuts and all that...really no issue there at all.

Fortunately my boss was interested in how the full wrap would work, and there is snow on the ground making normal stumps appear high. I left work today not very proud of my work, and even though I walked back through the set with my 660 and I re-cut my stumps...I left today feeling as I did a poor job... I cannot allow myself to leave such a stump. Hell they weren't even all that high, but they were as low as you can put the saw unless you carry a shovel and dig the ground out to where I can get the handle ...**** it..I can't even explain it. I'm pretty upset with myself over it. I feel you guys will think less of me because I am not going to run a full wrap...I'm pretty embarrassed but at least I will be able to retain my job that I really need.

I love the saw though! Sounds wicked, rifles through oak, cuts pine so fast they quiver on the stump...

I just hope that none of the people I respect on this forum think I am not a logger due to my half wrapped low stumps...sorry guys if I let ya down, I tried.

Meh, nobody is gonna think less of you Clint. . . Run what you brung bro. :) Cutting equipment is all personal preference. I've never heard of a logger dictating specific equipment to a cutter for a job.

So, do it how you like, with what you like! :)

clint, don't worry about it, I'm still waiting for everyone to figure out I'm not a real logger at all...

On an unrelated note: I bought a dump truck yesterday, should have done it a long time ago, as it sits right know I've hauled 17yds for $320, put them where they belonged and stuff. Had 21yds delivered a few weeks ago that should have only been 11 yds, but the genius driving the truck put the first load 10' off the intended road, for a total cost of... $890.

I brought the wifey with me to haul a load this afternoon... trying to back up a short little hill all covered in... MUDDD...

She bailed out when we started going sideways:)

I wouldn't worry too much about what anybody thinks. As long as the tools you are using will do the job that your boss wants done without putting life or limb in danger, what difference does it make? As long as your 660 isn't sporting a "blade", I think you'll be ok. :laugh:
Those of us that prefer a full, or 3/4 wrap, generally don't have to leave subterranean stumps.
Do the best job that you can, and take pride in your work, that's the best advice, and evidently you've got that down.
I didn't think you'd be able to do one of those "reality" logging shows. :laugh:

Andy

I wouldn't worry too much about what anybody thinks. As long as the tools you are using will do the job that your boss wants done without putting life or limb in danger, what difference does it make? As long as your 660 isn't sporting a "blade", I think you'll be ok. :laugh:
Those of us that prefer a full, or 3/4 wrap, generally don't have to leave subterranean stumps.
Do the best job that you can, and take pride in your work, that's the best advice, and evidently you've got that down.
I didn't think you'd be able to do one of those "reality" logging shows. :laugh:

Andy

But. . . But. . . All my chainsaws have blades. :-(

Sent from my Bic RaZor

Back