The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is I'm done dealing with morons with big egos trying to tell me how to do something I've been doing for 20 years. If they where teaching me something new it would be different but it never is.:msp_bored:

In the woods I'm alone, if I screw up its my ass and no one else's, if I make some good decisions and trip into a good tract, then I make all the money and not some dude that is trying to retire and could give a #### less what the shop is doing day to day as long as he breaks 5mil this year.

What do you fellas have planned on this beautiful Sunday? Me, I am taking Colt to the MX track to have a ride day with all his little buddies and some of my friends will be out there as well. Then probably come back home and hunt this evening for a bit.

All I know is I'm done dealing with morons with big egos trying to tell me how to do something I've been doing for 20 years. If they where teaching me something new it would be different but it never is.:msp_bored:

In the woods I'm alone, if I screw up its my ass and no one else's, if I make some good decisions and trip into a good tract, then I make all the money and not some dude that is trying to retire and could give a #### less what the shop is doing day to day as long as he breaks 5mil this year.

I was talking to a retired guy the other day and throughout the convo he kept saying that greed has caused a load of trouble ......think he meant the big comps etc don't care as long as they get the £££ or $$$ in and cutting all costs to do that is priority

Mother bucking links!! Errrrr, linkbucks. Hope that hacker gets a brain infection & dies.

Fix'n to head out with mah boys and get another load of wood. . . Winter's coming.

Mother bucking links!! Errrrr, linkbucks. Hope that hacker gets a brain infection & dies.

Fix'n to head out with mah boys and get another load of wood. . . Winter's coming.

I cut stuff up in the cull pile and left it for the old guy who needs wood. Then, I cut up a short log at another spot. I didn't have my splitting maul with me so only did six rounds, which were at my lifting capacity. I split it yesterday, and Doug-fir sure smells better than alder and maple when splitting. It is for the winter of 2014. Gotta be that much ahead here to get it dried out.

Got some good pics I'll post when back home tomorrow. I've worked for myself for the past 10 years. I make much less money, but have no boss. Got an offer for 50% more money, much less paperwork, much less administrate crap on my plate, decent health insurance for a change, but the trade off was having to answer to a administrative middle man about how I do stuff. Considered it, would have been better for my family, but I had to say no. I won't be able to stay on my own forever, but a few more years seemed worth the problems. At least last week it did

Unless the Entiat Valley has changed, you are pretty brave!

My grandparents had what used to be the last place up Crum Canyon.

Haha... gotta do something late season to keep the crew morale up! That pic was actually taken just barely up Tiny Canyon off of Crum. I like that whole area a lot.

Nate this is the last tree I got for firewood this year. It was a storm damaged tree from the last snow storm we had. We ended up getting two pick-up loads out of it. Measured about 32 inches DBH. :msp_biggrin:
NCM_0044.jpg

Nate this is the last tree I got for firewood this year. It was a storm damaged tree from the last snow storm we had. We ended up getting two pick-up loads out of it. Measured about 32 inches DBH. :msp_biggrin:
View attachment 317574

That's a nice stick of fir. Poor gal has quite a bit of shake. Was that on this side of the pass?

View attachment 317574

Just like Metals said... that is a beautiful tree! I cut a bit of everything over here. Tamarack, doug fir, lodge pole and a little spruce. I dont know what it is but the days I get into the fir are always the best, it must be the smell. Not to mention its excellent to burn!

Yeh, my boss has a big ass'd track hoe, it's got over size load flags. I wish I could figure out hot to rig a yarder for my next tract of timber I am gonna be cutting. Ther is about 80 acres that from my understanding..I'm not cutting due to not being able to get it out. Solid ledges and bluffs....#### piles of timber though...BIG timber!!

TC look up excaliners. They are like a yoader but mounted on an excavator and typically have a spar off the top of the stick. Cheaper than a yoader. Jewell Manufacturing makes conversions. Not sure who else other than home brew.

is white pine native there ms. p? I thought it was a northeastern tree.

Western white pine is native throughout the west. We even get it on poorer ground on the coast.

TC look up excaliners. They are like a yoader but mounted on an excavator and typically have a spar off the top of the stick. Cheaper than a yoader. Jewell Manufacturing makes conversions. Not sure who else other than home brew.

Western white pine is native throughout the west. We even get it on poorer ground on the coast.

On a lot of the ground here, white pine is a desirable leave tree. I remember having some nice ones on a unit in the Swan. We were told, "You break it -- you buy it." ;)

Back