The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, nobody is gonna think less of you Clint. . . Run what you brung bro. :) Cutting equipment is all personal preference. I've never heard of a logger dictating specific equipment to a cutter for a job.

So, do it how you like, with what you like! :)

Nate and Andy said it exactly right, Clint. Run whatever works best for you. That's the only way to go.

Yeh I see the benefits of the full wrap. If the top R/H corner of the wrap wasn't as high, I could go on facing with low Humbolts...that is my go to face, if I put in a Humbolt I have to come up a couple more inches and that is where I think I am getting my height trouble.

Last edited:
were you running the short bar Clint ? i flush cut small trees a lot but run a 32 ,i cut with the tip,and the powerhead is far enough out it seems to work,i know all terrains not the same ,i know with a 20 inch bar ,it would be had to flush cut for me,like was said do what works for you ,you haul azz in the woods on your vids ,so don't need any distractions

Guy on eBay selling used 394 wraps for 40ish. TC, I have used 394 and 385 half wraps sitting on my bench. "Not quit as handsome" Mike will know if one fits. You my friend are a short bar, half wrap, skinny-face cutter, and a very good one at that. If you want to become a long bar, full wrap "steep and deep" cutter that's fine, but it won't make you any more money.

Clint, no one will think less of you my friend. I keep both full and half wraps and use what I need at the time. you may find as I have that the full wraps work better on steep slopes and in big timber. while a half works better in flat ground and smaller stems. ya might like it on the next job, who knows but never think that ya don,t fit in because of what ya running.

Sorry, a guy had a bunch of somewhat beat up 395 handles there last month. No used ones now

No big deal! I'll keep an eye out :)

How was everyone's weekend? We ended up at the zoo last night and looked at lights for a couple hours. Today we decorated head stones and watched movies. Though I wish I worked on my days off, I'm glad to spend time with the family.

Latest posts

Back