the stihl 038 magnum thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you, theres one on ebay reall cheap comin up soon. id like to have it but im hurtin on the funding end of things. its incomplete but you can get all the parts you need from everyones favorite site sponsor!

No question, my favorite saw.

Can not even imagine how many acres I've cut with them.

I want one...

One of the best saws stihl ever made.

How about this one?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Way to nice...

Would almost feel bad putting that saw into the cut.

I hope my 038 mag lives up to what everyone has to say about the 038 magnum. I,m waiting on some rings. It had a Hugh hole in the intake boot.I had one ring break. so I ordered a new set. I can,t wait to put her all back together. she is the 52 mm so I know it,s the magnum.other then the muffler is there any simple mods that can be done?? great thread . hope every one has a great time with there 038. best of luck Bill:chainsaw:

I hope my 038 mag lives up to what everyone has to say about the 038 magnum. I,m waiting on some rings. It had a Hugh hole in the intake boot.I had one ring break. so I ordered a new set. I can,t wait to put her all back together. she is the 52 mm so I know it,s the magnum.other then the muffler is there any simple mods that can be done?? great thread . hope every one has a great time with there 038. best of luck Bill:chainsaw:

get that hing together and let us know how she runs..038 is one of my favorite saws. if the cylinder is in good shape with the new rings that thing should be top notch.

Ya! you told me that when I picked it up. so the rings our coming from Canada $9.00 bucks and the warranty them for a year. but I would want to have a problem with that . pick up a 272 xp tonight on ebay so I really have to start cranking.but I really hope the 038 mag is a keeper it sound like it is that old four door car with a big motor a little heavy but when you put the juice to the floor it throws you back in the seat and you get that big smile!!! so its a little heavy and uses allot of fuel if it can make me smile then it,s a keeper:greenchainsaw:

Ya! you told me that when I picked it up. so the rings our coming from Canada $9.00 bucks and the warranty them for a year. but I would want to have a problem with that . pick up a 272 xp tonight on ebay so I really have to start cranking.but I really hope the 038 mag is a keeper it sound like it is that old four door car with a big motor a little heavy but when you put the juice to the floor it throws you back in the seat and you get that big smile!!! so its a little heavy and uses allot of fuel if it can make me smile then it,s a keeper:greenchainsaw:

yep the 038 mag and that 272xp should run close..hey that would be 2 good saws to compare and make a video for us...what ya think? :popcorn:

YA! that's sound good , but I will need one of my teenage kids to show me how to use that YOO -tube video stuff they know all that stuff my-space yo-tube thing. but it will be fun wife is starting to count my chainsaw,s so i,m going to have to start shuffling a few around. i,m up to about 15 which I hear is not so bad. you always need back up right!!!! help out here!!!:cry:

YA! that's sound good , but I will need one of my teenage kids to show me how to use that YOO -tube video stuff they know all that stuff my-space yo-tube thing. but it will be fun wife is starting to count my chainsaw,s so i,m going to have to start shuffling a few around. i,m up to about 15 which I hear is not so bad. you always need back up right!!!! help out here!!!:cry:

you will get plenty of support here...at home is another story:)

yep I know that story but what our you going to do ??? but I really hope that the 038 mag can run Strong if it cuts faster then my 268 xp I will have a very big smile on my face. because don,t ask me why but that old 268 xp spank,s allot of my buddy,s newer saw,s they just shake their head and walk away in the pile of saw Chip's I just sprayed over them.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

yep I know that story but what our you going to do ??? but I really hope that the 038 mag can run Strong if it cuts faster then my 268 xp I will have a very big smile on my face. because don,t ask me why but that old 268 xp spank,s allot of my buddy,s newer saw,s they just shake their head and walk away in the pile of saw Chip's I just sprayed over them.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

there is another good saw to throw in the video the 268xp....they are strong runners.

Yep! in my spare time i need to throw the P&C on the 6401 because they say that will bring it over 6 hp . is there any big boor for the 038 mag II ??? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Yep! in my spare time i need to throw the P&C on the 6401 because they say that will bring it over 6 hp . is there any big boor for the 038 mag II ??? :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

ive never seen any aftermarket P&C for a 038. that 6401 would be sweet with a 7900 P&C.

Latest posts

Back