The Stihl MS661 C-M recall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What what what? I thought that the 562 was the answer to everything in a 60cc class saw?

Personally I believe that is the role of the 361, but that's me. Best saws I have ever owned. Period. No recall, no BS. Though the Euro version is supposed to be even better. Damn EPA...

That is kinda the way I feel about the 044, especially since I took the advice from you and a few others to improve it a bit.

I've never had the pleasure to run a 361 ... some day!

The EPA steps on performance, then technology learns how to beat it. Look at the performance of the new cars compared to the mid 70s! I think the new saws will keep improving performance, and start reducing the wt also. Maybe in the future, a 60 cc saw will once again be the same wt as the 361.

Our tree gangs have been trying to kill the one 362 non cm in the company, it got ran with the airfilter off for a while, cutting dead dry wattle, also with a blunt chain. I was asked to look at it as it wouldn't turn over at all, stripped cleaned and flushed whole saw inside and out, started it and tuned it, perfect.

It is one tough ass saw and it gets beaten to hell

What what what? I thought that the 562 was the answer to everything in a 60cc class saw?

Personally I believe that is the role of the 361, but that's me. Best saws I have ever owned. Period. No recall, no BS. Though the Euro version is supposed to be even better. Damn EPA...
Technically...there was a recall on the 361:laugh:

It was the 361 that came with that stupid extra brake lever on the rear handle that stopped the clutch when you let go of it. I think it was the q-c?Something was wonky with that brake system so they recalled those models only. Never anything with the machine itself like the 661 :laugh: Just yankin yer chain a little.

Man R U steppin up, that is a Monster of a saw!!! Keep us posted.

Yup, it's a dandy! I asked to have it set up with the 28" bar and 33 RSF. When I got to the dealer, I didn't like the balance, looked at the 32" and 36" bars. Decided to go with the 32" and the $10 upcharge. The 36" was just a bit long and made the saw really nose heavy. This thing balances nicely with the 32". Tell me again why they bother to put a decomp valve on these things? Also, I was surprised to see that it has its own HD2 filter that does not interchange with the 461 HD2 setup. The anti-vibe set up is soooo smooth. Unless it's snowing tomorrow, I'm gonna get it into some wood!

It was the 361 that came with that stupid extra brake lever on the rear handle that stopped the clutch when you let go of it. I think it was the q-c?Something was wonky with that brake system so they recalled those models only. Never anything with the machine itself like the 661 :laugh: Just yankin yer chain a little.

Ah, the stupid QC model. Never saw one on a 361. I am not a fan of any of the Q quick stop models. I had a similar Husky saw, a 346xp with a second brake lever on the handle and I never liked that feature, so I sold it (even though it cut well).

My dealer has the new 661 in stock Its not a ms661 I think he said It was the 661CM anyone hear about them?

I too run a 361

Latest posts

Back