The Tips Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to stand on a log when it was safe to do so. I probably rode the evener back out for another turn more than I rode logs. I could keep the trails clean surfing on it. Saves that errant branch slapping a horse on the butt.

Only had a horse pop out of a harness skidding logs on me 1x. My stallion felt a little pressure, squatted & popped the hame strap.

Tongs are nice. I used to use an arch I didn't need a tongue for on really long skids. Front end of the log would dig in a little to brake it a little.

All one can do with a pulling horse is work on easing into the load. Hard to overcome that hit it hard training.

I had an old wind broke puller yrs ago. Took him going over backward into the North Fork of the John Day to learn to ease into stuff. SOB broke a perfectly good pack box doing it too.

Leave trees are marked for a reason. This does not include pivoting your turn off them. That leaves a mark that will not buff out.

When I worked doin site work in florida.. there was a guy on the crew that left random poos everywhere and I mean everywhere... he even left one on the service trucks step bumper... That was extremely ANNOYING... not to mention... freakish ...

Hahaha. You guys are just chock full of good ideas. Im thinkin maybe a couple pumps on the greasegun down the shorts when he bends over. Lol

Hahaha. You guys are just chock full of good ideas. Im thinkin maybe a couple pumps on the greasegun down the shorts when he bends over. Lol

Ya do that bro....tomorrow you'll be starting a thread .......How I got fired today ......lol

****DISCLAIMER**** Anything that is said here cannot be used in a court of law be it civil or criminal. The user takes full responsibility for any and all adverse reactions and or poor outcomes from any and all information given in this thread. Reading this thread acts as a signature and is binding in any and all states, counties, townships or territories of the USA.

Just thought I would add this in there...for you know any possible legal ramifications lol.

Well done.......now put ya other glove on ....remember ya don't want blisters lol

Back