The ultimate muffler mod thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I get it now, took me a minute.
No, it wouldn't look good full of bar oil. Lol

Just don't spill haha

i went many many years without spilling bar oil down the ports of saws. never have and thought i never would. was in a 394. i just screwed up that one time but i just won't put a port facing the fill side anymore. i'll make ports on that side of the muffler but they will always be straight out now.

Cut wood...repel Mosquitos. Win win. :D

i did :D it just really sucked. didn't cut long though cause the dang saw looked like it was on fire. smoked me right out using it.

i went many many years without spilling bar oil down the ports of saws. never have and thought i never would. was in a 394. i just screwed up that one time but i just won't put a port facing the fill side anymore. i'll make ports on that side of the muffler but they will always be straight out now.

i did :D it just really sucked. didn't cut long though cause the dang saw looked like it was on fire. smoked me right out using it.
I've had them facing only straight out, also have caught wood on fire from it

here are a few....

urcontra.jpg

contragoldedition.JPG

C2003.JPG

marianne.jpg

;)

Okay, this guy wins the muff mod thread. I am in love. I want to try this, but where does the bar go? Trying to figure that one out.

This is my simple mod on my 394, rather pedestrian compared to some on here:
394_Muffler_mod_2.jpg

How do you know I made that? You are correct I did make it. I work in a metal fan shop for the DOD. I would more like to have one for measurements sake. I built that one out of 20ga paint lock metal then tig welded it in there took maybe five min. The. I cleaned and heated it and painted it with header paint

How do you know I made that? You are correct I did make it. I work in a metal fan shop for the DOD. I would more like to have one for measurements sake. I built that one out of 20ga paint lock metal then tig welded it in there took maybe five min. The. I cleaned and heated it and painted it with header paint
I would rather trust personal knowledge and knowledge from this site than openings or measurements from a generic part.

I made that 441 mod just going off a picture mastermind sent me I think it might be just a bit small but has to help some.

Never done a muf mod but would like to try one on my echo 520. What all do i have to do? I here they really come to life afrer.

Ms 250 straight out ports, 14,800 rpm. Long cuts in dry wood, Definately on fire.View attachment 394444

i don't make them straight out like that. that's a goof mod. i always weld pipes or deflectors onto whatever i'm modding. i just make damn good and sure that they don't point out towards the bar oil fill side. LOL. funny thing is i never really made them point that way but i burned out on that particular saw. i've done a ton of mods on the 346 saws. i don't know what the heck it is. i sold my brother my old rebuilt 346 and now i got 2 newer ones. they all run good but have tried several different mods and can't make mine run with the one i sold my brother. they are all stock other then the muffler. i even tried making a muffler identical to the one i did on his which is the over under pipe mod. mine still wouldn't run with his. i've boiled it down to the only thing it can be is the carb. both mine have the zama and his has the older walbro. i need to find a couple of these walbro's.

Where do you guys obtain these stock husky coversView attachment 394448
Here is my mod on my 441

Husqvarna 503078301 EXHAUST OUTLET$16.80 from www.partstree.com

I used two stainless sheetmetal screws to attach. To keep them from loosening I bent the lip on the outlet back on the screw. Eight years and still going strong.

You might as well buy five or six, you'll use them on everything.

Latest posts

Back