There's just something about...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuzzy

Trail Gnome
Reaction score
...firewood filled trucks at sunset that makes the world feel right.

DSC07155Medium.jpg

:cool:

However, the day was also spent with Satan himself. Some of you may know him by his other name: Elm.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Dinger's splitter was earning it's salt today.

DSC07140Medium.jpg

Mmmmmmmm... old and new...

DSC07151Medium.jpg

Sweet wrench holder!

Nuzzy, what's the deal with the wrench holder on your saw handle? Mine always pokes me in the leg when it's in my carhartt bibs leg pocket. Got an 044 Stihl. Bought it new in '99, still rips. How come my handle didn't come with one of those? Is it aftermarket/homemade? Curious/jealous.

Nuzzy, what's the deal with the wrench holder on your saw handle? Mine always pokes me in the leg when it's in my carhartt bibs leg pocket. Got an 044 Stihl. Bought it new in '99, still rips. How come my handle didn't come with one of those? Is it aftermarket/homemade? Curious/jealous.

:laugh: We were just talking about getting poked by screnches today!

I got that from Bailey's (a sponsor here) for like 3 bucks after seeing some guys talk about it last year. It's the most useful stupid thing I think I've ever purchased :laugh: I thought it might get in the way but I have never had an issue with it.

Thanks for the pictures!

Looks a lot like back home, Minnesota, same twisted line fence Elm it sounds like also. Some say even the ashes are harder to clean the wood's so tuff?

Looks like it would be a good time to be watch hungry deer passing there way out of the corner of a couple of woods near by?

:laugh: We were just talking about getting poked by screnches today!

I got that from Bailey's (a sponsor here) for like 3 bucks after seeing some guys talk about it last year. It's the most useful stupid thing I think I've ever purchased :laugh: I thought it might get in the way but I have never had an issue with it.

Thanks for the reply man! I'll be gettin me one of them thar.:yourock:

Flehman,

Keep the scrench outta your pocket.

If you're like me, one slip and fall and that scrench is gonna make the ER doctor mumble and shake his head, while a nurse debrides the puncture wound.;)

I might have to get one of those gizzys myself.

I always leave mine exactly where I don't need it.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Nice pics - do you guys get the rights to set matches to the brushpiles?

I'm saving a few for that first nice weekend of spring. Something about beer and a big ol' fire is a nice bonus for the work it took to make that pile.

Not sure if you guys had had this problem but with my scrench holder I had to run a couple of wraps of tape round the shank to stop it sliding out?

Nice pics Nuzz. Looks like a satisfying day of fiewood. I dont mind splitting elm with a hyd. splitter cause I know how well it will burn and keep me warm. :clap:

Nice pics - do you guys get the rights to set matches to the brushpiles?

This recent brush pile will definitely be getting the match at some point :rock:

Not sure if you guys had had this problem but with my scrench holder I had to run a couple of wraps of tape round the shank to stop it sliding out?

Haven't had to do anything with mine thus far. It's pretty nice and tight, just like a... (nevermind) :hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the pics nice sunset too we havent seen snow all winter!

fwtw, It means handling it again but I let it dry in a wind row stack before I will split elm unless I find it standing dead then it splits real nice.

Kansas

Nice pics. Elm pretty much sucks when it is still live. Not much around here anymore. Dead elm splits not too bad. Got some live elm I cut for a farmer 3 years ago stacked in the yard that I'll split this spring. I don't anticipate having much problem with it.

Now....now...that's better!

Now....now...that's better! I thought I'd help you out here!:) You need to know which side is up! LOL:spam:

attachment.php

Oooh- the famous antigravity models!!! How much extra was it to add that to the 372? Is it as hard to hold down while cutting?:hmm3grin2orange:

nice pics Nuz, elm pretty much sux ball'$ burn's nice but it takes forever to season unless split. and it is a real p.i.t.a to split when wet. i have about 6 elm to take down in the spring for my neighbors they r building a new house and need it gone, nice i get the wood for free just dreading all the work it's gonna be to split.:cheers:

Back