Thinkin bout a 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a choice between the 440 or the 441, I choose the 441. Better anti -vibe, runs smoother, faster acceleration. I run mine with a 20" bar. It can run a 24" but I have bigger saws for that. I don't know why folks keep comparing the 441 to the 460. They are 2 different class of saws. The 460 is bigger and has more power. It also has the same older design as the 440. It is a great saw, but it is a DIFFERENT class saw than the 440 or 441. By the way, I have and use all of the above.

sounds like one or the other Im gonna keep shopping but i am interested to hear about the port job on the 441 that was mentioned

also i use my saws for firewood and general farm stuff

and concerning a 460 I have run the 460 rescue and it is a doosie but how much is enough for just general use

I think the reason the 441 and the 460 are compared has little to do with their power and everything to do with their weight and cost.

The 441 weighs almost exactly the same as the 460 and at most the dealers in this area the 460 is only a few bucks more.

If the weight doesn't scare you and you are cutting mostly under 24" the 441 will be a much more pleasant experience than the 460. In fact, you probably won't notice the difference in power in that size of wood. However, you will notice how silky smooth and refined the 441 feels. It truly is one prince of a saw.

By no means is the 460 a slacker in any regards and it is often the go to saw for many. I know of several people including those on this forum that will tear up with just the mention of a 460.

You ported your 441? I thought that was taboo?

sounds like one or the other Im gonna keep shopping but i am interested to hear about the port job on the 441 that was mentioned

Yep, I got it back together Friday. Runs awesome. Still plenty rich at 14.6k. Definitely limited on the intake side. Pulled through some 22" black locust today with an 8 pin like butter.

:chainsaw:

As far as the 372xp is concerned, I think it is a fantastic saw and would love to add one to my arsenal. I've only run one. I think it is a wee bit lighter and about the same power. I would consider it more an equal to the 441, not twice the saw as others have claimed.

Just get the 372xp - it is the classic in the class, and well known to outclass the comparable Stihls - just do a search for the older treads on the AS.....:givebeer: :givebeer:

Can't add much to what has been said about the 441. I got one for a small logging project and really enjoy running it. Use it for just about everything. Logging, limbing, and firewood cutting.

You will find it hard to believe how much fuel it doesn't use. I can drop 7 to 9 30" to 44" root flare diameter Hemlocks on a tank of fuel.

The elevation theme has continued to plague this saw. In the Harrisburg, PA area, and just north in the "mountains," I haven't had any power issues.

Great saw. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely buy one again.

Just get the 372xp - it is the classic in the class, and well known to outclass the comparable Stihls - just do a search for the older treads on the AS.....:givebeer: :givebeer:

Troll will be happy to sell you on every saw that he has personally bought! Gotta luv da Troll! Now get back under your bridge and take your bag of cookies with yah!

:cheers:

Who the hell modded a 441? after all the talk about me modding my 441 why didnt you speak up?? Well anyways i am a tree trimmer and use my saws on a daily basis and COULD NOT STAND MY 441!!! I sold it and couldnt be happier!! DONT GET ONE!!!

How much of a difference did you guys notice after modding your 441's? My next question is how much it would affect longevity, but I think thats everyone's questions.

Who the hell modded a 441? after all the talk about me modding my 441 why didnt you speak up?? Well anyways i am a tree trimmer and use my saws on a daily basis and COULD NOT STAND MY 441!!! I sold it and couldnt be happier!! DONT GET ONE!!!

Did you try starting it?:)

Seriously though, I have run 70cc saw I thought cut faster or was more fun.

You said it ran like cadillac and you only wanted to sell it because you couldnt mod it. What didnt you like about it?

I started it, I cut with it, boxed it back up and sold it. Now im shopping for a 440,460 or maybe even a another 660. And i wont look back. BUT SOMEBODY TELL US ABOUT UR MODDED 441!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have bought my 441 if it the dealer didn't have one. I would have probably gone with the 460 but being new technology, parts are going to be available longer. The 441 is big and bulky at first but now it doesn't bother me one bit. I like the feel and balance with a 25 inch bar on it. Smooth as butter.

Yeah i will agree that the 441 is smooth, but it aint got the horsepower i thought i would so antivibe dont mean crap to me. And i talked to every chainsaw mod shop i heard of and nobody sounded eager to mod mine so... I sold it. i will buy a 361, have it modded to run with a 441, for the same price as a 441, And always have parts available, and people not scared to work on it.

No offense, but your logic defeats me. If the 441 didn't have enough power, then a modded 361 with the same power won't either.

Simple logics really, would you rather carry around a 12 pound saw or a 15 pound saw? same power so might as well save wieght! probably even save some fuel

Latest posts

Back