Thinkin bout a 441

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple logics really, would you rather carry around a 12 pound saw or a 15 pound saw? same power so might as well save wieght! probably even save some fuel

Won't save any fuel and will likely have a much more peaky power delivery and inferior air filtration.

Your 441 was probably as tight as mine was when new. They really run great when run in.

Simple logics really, would you rather carry around a 12 pound saw or a 15 pound saw? same power so might as well save wieght! probably even save some fuel

Either the power of a 441 is enough or it isn't enough. You said the 441 wasn't powerful enough. Yet, you want a 361 with the same power. Do you not see the contradiction?

Thats one thing i did think about, didnt have it long enuff to get it loosened up. I just didnt think it would make THAT big of a difference, i knew it would do some though. Also it was cold natured, never had a saw that was so cold natured.

My 441 was extremely cold natured as well when brand new. After it broke in and the dealer reset the carb it helped a great deal. Now that it has fully broken in it runs like a different saw. I have since removed the tabs on the adjusting screws so I can adjust it when needed. I don't really care about the fuel economy of the saw but the anti-vibe is worth the cost! IMHO

Just get the 372xp - it is the classic in the class, and well known to outclass the comparable Stihls - just do a search for the older treads on the AS.....:givebeer: :givebeer:

Thanks for your opinion.:spam:

Now on the other hand, the 441 will have to grow on the older 440/460 users to become famous. I have not seen many complaints about the saw. Same power as a 440 but smoother, I may have to save some more green.:cry: :cry:

If I take my 441 back to the dealer do you guys think they will adjust and tach it for me no charge since I bought it there? I bought the saw last summer and have ran about 10 tanks through it.

If I take my 441 back to the dealer do you guys think they will adjust and tach it for me no charge since I bought it there? I bought the saw last summer and have ran about 10 tanks through it.

I would give them a call and see what they say. Some dealers include one tune up after the purchase.

I pulled the muffler the other day just to have a look and noticed more carbon than I would like to see for a saw with only 10 tanks ran through it. I have not messed with the screws much, wanted to let it break in before I adjusted anything. My tach quit, so a tach would be helpful setting high idle side. That was my angle on that.

I do remember adjusting the carb a few times on the first 10 or so tankfuls. The last couple of times I have checked, right around 13,800. Good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back