Thinking of own business

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my460

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Whats the best way of starting out small or big. Thinking small for now like a 3/4 ton chip truck and a 6 or 8'' chipper for small jobs like pruning and small take-downs 20-25'' or less. I have 10yrs exp. and Tree expert lic. I plan on staying with the company I work for, I just want something on the side on the weekends.

Thanks,
Any help will do.:help:

In my opinion? an older chuck n duck chipper will do more than a little 9" chipper for alot less money. a used Asplundh chip truck would be a good start also. Cheap to get into and has better image than a pickup.

stay small, less is more.

In my opinion? an older chuck n duck chipper will do more than a little 9" chipper for alot less money. a used Asplundh chip truck would be a good start also. Cheap to get into and has better image than a pickup.

stay small, less is more.
Ya I was thinking of a 1ton dumpbody will do nicely, Im not to sure about the chuck and ducks I use one one time and Dame they hurt if you dont duck.LOL I can get a 98 f-350 disel with a 2000 dumpbody with a plow for 13,000.00 :hmm3grin2orange:

contact chad at complete equipment. he just purchased a F450 and a woodchuck wc 17 chipper off me, he fixed them up a little and now has them up forsale

Back