Thinking of selling some saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookerdog

The New Champ
Reaction score
Crap I have saws sitting that I don't use. I really should sell some but, dam its hard to sell a saw. I guess its like my guns have way more then I use but I just keep them. Any of you have a hard time selling things even though you don't use them.

What saws are you thinking of selling?

It does take a lot of thought before you can sell saws, guns or tools.

I have never sold a saw, but i have been really thinking about getting rid of the 028 super i have. I haven used it lately.

I did manage to sell some tools a few years ago. I got out of wrenching for a living and sold a bunch of specialty tools i would never at home. It was a good choice because i have still haven't missed them.

Oh by the way, when i sell the 028 i plan on replacing it right away. That's why i'm wondering what you are selling.

DON'T DO IT!!!! You will only regret it, So you have some junk or precious jewels lying around It's in you nature your the type, thats what has been said to me even by family oh your just like your Dad coming from Mom. I must have at least 35 fishing rods and 40 guns and tools coming out of my well you know.I now regret selling my 044 I can still see it though and use it once in a wile so not so bad.
I also have Three trucks a boat and want a new Toyota FJ some of us just can't be helped.

What saws are you thinking of selling?

It does take a lot of thought before you can sell saws, guns or tools.

I have never sold a saw, but i have been really thinking about getting rid of the 028 super i have. I haven used it lately.

I did manage to sell some tools a few years ago. I got out of wrenching for a living and sold a bunch of specialty tools i would never at home. It was a good choice because i have still haven't missed them.

Oh by the way, when i sell the 028 i plan on replacing it right away. That's why i'm wondering what you are selling.

So what are you planning on replacing it with?

DON'T DO IT!!!! You will only regret it, So you have some junk or precious jewels lying around It's in you nature your the type, thats what has been said to me even by family oh your just like your Dad coming from Mom. I must have at least 35 fishing rods and 40 guns and tools coming out of my well you know.I now regret selling my 044 I can still see it though and use it once in a wile so not so bad.
I also have Three trucks a boat and want a new Toyota FJ some of us just can't be helped.

Only 1 boat?

You slackin' man'

I think i'm going to try a husky...... the 346xp.

I've done a lot of research and i'm pretty sure that's what i'm going to get.

Crap I have saws sitting that I don't use. I really should sell some but, dam its hard to sell a saw. I guess its like my guns have way more then I use but I just keep them. Any of you have a hard time selling things even though you don't use them.

Your eBay account has been suspended, you can no longer access the Tradin' Post or CraigsList.

You're OK now,

Joat

Planning on a getting a new one. Unless i can find a nice used on at a good price.

I was going to get a ms260, but the more i read about the 346xp i decided i want to try it out. Also i can get a good deal on the Husky. My mother in law works at a farm store (similar to TSC) they sell huskys and i can a discount.

It's about $160 cheaper then the MS260. :laugh:

Planning on a getting a new one. Unless i can find a nice used on at a good price.

I was going to get a ms260, but the more i read about the 346xp i decided i want to try it out. Also i can get a good deal on the Husky. My mother in law works at a farm store (similar to TSC) they sell huskys and i can a discount.

It's about $160 cheaper then the MS260. :laugh:
I know I will get some heat for this one but get the Husky you don't want to wait another 10years to get a new Stihl:) I like them Old Stihls but gee you would think they would keep pace with husky/ Jred that reminds me get the new Jred it looks better than the other two!

I don't know why people insist on holding onto stuff they don't use?

Do you guys still have every vechicle you have ever owned sitting in your yard???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Think about it this way. It can either sit on the shelf and collect dust, or i can sell it to somone who will use the thing and enjoy it.

LOL - I still have guns that I haven't used since I was in the teens, now I am 50 - a Browning A-5 from 1930and a Mauser K98 from 1937, or was it 1939? .......:cheers:

Last edited:
I don't know why people insist on holding onto stuff they don't use?

Do you guys still have every vechicle you have ever owned sitting in your yard???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Think about it this way. It can either sit on the shelf and collect dust, or i can sell it to somone who will use the thing and enjoy it.
Okay I cried the day I called the Kidney foundation to come and haul away my first truck I ever owned that was only two years ago It was hard for me to let go but you are right there comes that time! Let's never speak of this again.It takes a big man to say the C word. But 14 to 35 is a long time but at least I know she went to a good cause.But then I still have my first fishing rod and gun to fall back on.

Last edited:
LOL - I still have guns that I haven't used since I was in the teens, now I am 50 - a Browning A-5 from 1930and a Mauser K98 from 1937, or was it 1939? .......:cheers:
I have to ask what are the gun laws like in that part of the world? My Parents were of German descent and I grew up shooting and hunting , Fishing and the Mountains in my backyard. But Now that I am getting older I always have been fascinated by the Scandinavian countries And since my Fiance is Russian I think it would be a good compromise to live there one day.She is more or less half Finn half Russian. Back on topic it is hard to beet a good old Mauser but I thought you would be shooting A nice 6.5x55 :) Oh wait wrong Country that would be a little to the East of you in Sweden

My Mauser is 30-06, rebarreled from 7.92 by the Norwegian Army after the war.

6.5x55 is the Swede Mausers (lots of them were made by Husky, if not all), as you indicated (and Norwegian Krags), mine is a German one.....

Last edited:
My Mauser is 30-06, rebarreled from 7.92 by the Norwegian Army after the war.

6.5x55 is the Swede Mausers (lots of them were made by Husky, if not all), as you indicated (and Norwegian Krags), mine is a German one.....
I am working on a real nice K98 now Going to keep it 8x57. I really like some of the Husky Crown Grades They sold here in the 70s a bit before my time but I will get one looking for a .270 Krags get a bad rep for being week but I don't think they are to bad at least the ones made over there.

Last edited:
I have like 15 rifles that just sit also. I just had to buy the 35 whelen that the rocky mtn elk foudation had out. Never have shot it. LOL My saw collection has grown past my sig. saws to about 16. Three would be all I need. 346, 372, 390 but wait the 353 needs to back up the 346 and the 359 and 365 need to be there for that inbetween. Should keep the other couple 372 around just because they will be gone someday. The 385 just because I like the sound of it. Need that 395 just for milling and the 3120 and so on and so on.:dizzy:

Toys

Well that sounds like you have a couple you could sell :clap: Let me know what you are parting with I live near Chehalis so with any luck you are close.

Speaking of Husqvarna Rifles I have a dandy one in 338 win mag. The only problem is it kicks like a mule... Here is a pic.

Back