this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
876e70ad541dbe1712b029dffe629d94.jpg

Like many other people over here..

I'll make a scacrifice. You both send me a chain, 3/8 0.058 and 68 DL and I'll make a video. :chainsaw:
Im not bias.
I dont know who you are talking to, but I am game for any DL count in 3/8 @ .050, LoPro @ .050, or .404 @ .063

One thing I will add is definitely directed right at you @Marshy. You have seen the chain races and results from the past. You know the players in this race, you choose to initiate another chain race, no problem, count me in ............BUT, you could also vouch for the honesty of these chain races. Videos and results have been posted, no matter who did well or who did poor, NOBODY ever did anything sneaky during the race.

Sneaky trash talk leading up to the race is a given. But everyone gets serious and the jokes stop when the stopwatches come out.

Little trick.. Tight chain. And lay the bar tip in your lap. File on the nose, into the cutter.
YMMV

Practice on a short bar with skip is good way to lean.

Best tri filer a have ever seen, jams the bar between two logs with the power head in the air. I found you can get a better look at the tooth 'his' way. Sometimes I will do a quick touch up vertical with round, tip up though.

I seen some videos on how to sharpen square chain it did not look hard but im usually wrong.

I call double ********....... round is welcome and we are separating work chain from race chain too !!!
Square is said to be 5 -7 % faster

"I'll take fast chains for a 1000 Alex"

"Double up or quit, Double stakes or split"

I'll take a bet on a three % handicap on my round with a common species like Cottonwood and if I beat your time it doubles?
Hello everyone, you guys have to much fun. I better get to bed

Peace

work chain for me is stihl 26rs with the rakers set at .025 and i cut hardwood and most recommend you cut them with the rakers set at .030.

Really??? Hardwood setting on the guage is .025 I believe and .030 for soft. I understand there my be many other deciding factors; likd the hook and species of hardwood;Proper use of falling dogs.
I usually use .030 with a hook but it sucks for the birch, and borderline for the Aspen & cotton working with
A 45% Humboldt

Back