this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Square is said to be 5 -7 % faster

"I'll take fast chains for a 1000 Alex"

"Double up or quit, Double stakes or split"

I'll take a bet on a three % handicap on my round with a common species like Cottonwood and if I beat your time it doubles?
Hello everyone, you guys have to much fun. I better get to bed

Peace
Plenty of chain races happening all of the time around here. I would love to see you send in a few of your best efforts.

Now, if youre talking about betting, and giving you a 3% handicap in the next .375 chain race, or even this months deadline for the Ohio LoPro race, count me in. Who are we sending the money to that would be willing to hold it, ?
I will take your bet, your round vs my square, and happily take your stated terms.

If my square dont beat your round by at least 3%, I lose and pay you double of what our wager is .................... now how much $$ are you putting up ?

Plenty of chain races happening all of the time around here. I would love to see you send in a few of your best efforts.

Now, if youre talking about betting, and giving you a 3% handicap in the next .375 chain race, or even this months deadline for the Ohio LoPro race, count me in. Who are we sending the money to that would be willing to hold it, ?
I will take your bet, your round vs my square, and happily take your stated terms.

If my square dont beat your round by at least 3%, I lose and pay you double of what our wager is .................... now how much $$ are you putting up ?
remember there is a 10% cut for me since i started this thread. :)

Correct but it only doubles if I beat your time without the said handicap...got to run...more tonigjt

OK ..............
Like Texas hold'em, mopar

When someone shows weakness (3% handicap) You never go 'all in' because they will fold instead of bet.

And for that reason I'm out
.nah.. Your bluffing..lol

OK where were we before I was rudely interrupted and had to whore myself out for money again.

It sounds fun, may light a new spark into me and bring some of the old passion back that's lacked in the last few years.

$100 of our currentcy to US
That's fair as we put up the same.
smaller payday for you but you can buy a lot more for your money...ERM...or is that my money...lol

I need to know what I'm filing for??
Timber type and condition? self feed or dogs? What saw size and,, its got to be a heavy bar. A timber type we both file for makes it fair..

Your ball

Like Texas hold'em, mopar

When someone shows weakness (3% handicap) You never go 'all in' because they will fold instead of bet.
And for that reason I'm out.
.nah.. Your bluffing..lol
OK where were we before I was rudely interrupted and had to whore myself out for money again.
It sounds fun, may light a new spark into me and bring some of the old passion back that's lacked in the last few years.
$100 of our currentcy to US
That's fair as we put up the same.
smaller payday for you but you can buy a lot more for your money...ERM I'd that my money...lol

I need to know what I'm filling for??
Timber type and condition? self feed or dogs? What saw size and,, its got to be a heavy bar. A timber type we both file for makes it fair..

Your ball
$100 sounds good.
Hedgefest should be coming up ............
Will have to wait for @Hedgerow to give us both more details, but count me in.

Last year he ran a few cuts, some pine, some hackberry, and some other hard stuff
I will take the average of all 3 if you want, that way it is closest to a day out on the hills for you
You could pick any one of the species he runs, but call it before the race chains are due in.
How many chains do you want to send in ?
Hedge runs then straight down, no dogs
If you have something else in mind, just name it and count me in Sir.
I will send my money in to Hedge (if he is OK with it) and he can mail the winnings back with the chain

Yeah average is cool, pine is common so that works, where is the 3/8 3.75 ? and deadline,, and when is the low pro deadline in Ohio? Also any softwoods and cottonwood, Aspen and Birch would be mainly all I would know for sure.

I may be getting the fever.
May get a box of 'tri files' and pic up where I left off about 8 years ago for future shows to come.
I think a self feed is fair but I'm going to be chomping, definitely going to need a heavy bar. it's certainly has more limitations that square. It will be more typical of a thinning/spacing work chain. thats NOT how I would file for proper use of the dogs (Falling) what is a typical saw you may use?

$100 sounds good.
Hedgefest should be coming up ............
Will have to wait for @Hedgerow to give us both more details, but count me in.

Last year he ran a few cuts, some pine, some hackberry, and some other hard stuff
I will take the average of all 3 if you want, that way it is closest to a day out on the hills for you
You could pick any one of the species he runs, but call it before the race chains are due in.
How many chains do you want to send in ?
Hedge runs then straight down, no dogs
If you have something else in mind, just name it and count me in Sir.
I will send my money in to Hedge (if he is OK with it) and he can mail the winnings back with the chain

291b8e67c959c52a872a713d2b414165.jpg

Don't bring Jamie into this you turd! Yer just gonna rig the results anyways. If you beat my square it will only be because of stop watch error. You culls make it seem like square is so hard. It really ain't. Just another AS fantasy created by you. Go race your own chain you POS. Just remember one thing mopar. Chain was invented to work. Not for you useless culls to race. :) that is filed by the way. that cull gypo logger was supposed to post it claiming it as his own a few days ago but he never did. true work of a cull. that is my chain. mopargayway MF :wtf:
Carry on

if you didn't notice, yes that corner is met! lol and yes that is bumper link chain lol i got a bunch of it free i gotta use up.

What's everybody talkin about?
I make some of the best chain.
Chain first, saw second.

LOL, john if you had just did what you were supposed to that would be cool but now i'm gonna post the pic pf your freshly sharpened chain you sent to me. apparently this will beat everyones.

p61_1.jpg

291b8e67c959c52a872a713d2b414165.jpg

Don't bring Jamie into this you ******! Yer just gonna rig the results anyways. If you beat my square it will only be because of stop watch error. You culls make it seem like square is so hard. It really ain't. Just another AS fantasy created by you. Go race your own chain you POS. Just remember one thing mopar. Chain was invented to work. Not for you useless culls to race. :) that is filed by the way. that cull gypo logger was supposed to post it claiming it as his own but he never did. true work of a cull. that is my chain. mopargayway MF :wtf:
Carry on

?? What's going on with you?
I wasn't as lucky as you, nobody ever asked me to join in any raindeer games. I asked. You should have taken them up on it,,Me thinks. You are a trainee Faller. I thought the motto is "A professional Faller learns everyday" or it just applys to me and not you?
There is no dying in Timber Falling..
wh-wHA-WHAT..No there is plenty of dying. There is not crying in Timber Falling. you go in, you better know the risk. The ultimate freedom becomes the ultimate prison, this is the profession of broken homes and broken bones.
You learn how to win with grace and you learn how to lose with grace or leave with grace. It sounds a little juvenile to insult the integrity of the organization if you ask me Shane.
I don't personally expect to win, but I will send a perfectly sharp-balanced chain that I can just about do with my eyes closed. So what do I have to lose??besides I00 bucks for a little friendly camaraderie and a possible future hobby. As I say It may bring out the best in me to come. I may aim for being a serious front running
contender in the square department.

I wasn't as lucky as you, nobody ever asked me to join in any raindeer games. I asked. You should have taken them up on it,,Me thinks. You are a trainee Faller. I thought the motto is "A professional Faller learns everyday" or it just applys to me and not you?
wh-wHA-WHAT..No there is plenty of dying. There is not crying in Timber Falling. you go in, you better know the risk. The ultimate freedom becomes the ultimate prison, this is the profession of broken homes and broken bones.
You learn how to win with grace and you learn how to lose with grace or leave with grace. It sounds a little juvenile to insult the integrity of the organization if you ask my Shane.
I don't personally expect to win, but I will send a perfectly sharp-balanced chain that I can just about do with my eyes closed. So what do I have to lose??besides I00 bucks for a little friendly camaraderie and a possible future hobby. As I say It my bring out the best in me to come. I may aim for being a serious front running
in the square department.

maybe your right Jamie. i don't know but i think this chain racing thing is a little bogus. were really not talking about falling anymore but your right i am a beginner learning the ropes compared to you.even though i know when it comes to our standard very few will meet it (going by your posts in another thread)i know in my thinking and watching the posts of some guys have you ever ran the same stop watch timing the same thing side by side? one guy will get different results then the other and sometimes big differences which is why i think it is bogus. not to mention if you tune a chain for our wood it will almost never excel in thier wood which is why i tried getting them to send one. it just doesn't make sense. regardless, in our game you likely learned your way. i'm not sure if this is good or bad when it comes to racing a damn chain. like many here, i have put alot of time into chains and a long lasting chain almost never equals the ultimate fast chain.. trust me when i say this. if you want a win (which i don't really care for and maybe you don't either) you will have to go outside the box otherwise you are just throwing money away.. your work chain will not come close to these guys chain without it. even though i have been argueing with them i'm not gonna just say they are confident for nothing.

You learn how to win with grace and you learn how to lose with grace or leave with grace. It sounds a little juvenile to insult the integrity of the organization if you ask me Shane.
I don't personally expect to win, but I will send a perfectly sharp-balanced chain that I can just about do with my eyes closed. So what do I have to lose??besides I00 bucks for a little friendly camaraderie and a possible future hobby. As I say It may bring out the best in me to come. I may aim for being a serious front running
in the square department.
Against the wind!

Don't they do stock saw chain races in BC like California and the other western states? I know Cahoon and a few others go to shows where they use 93 or 105 dl chain's and have to bore in and out the top and then cut down and make,a second cut. Something like 25" of pine or softwood.

Don't they do stock saw chain races in BC like California and the other western states? I know Cahoon and a few others go to shows where they use 93 or 105 dl chain's and have to bore in and out the top and then cut down and make,a second cut. Something like 25" of pine or softwood.

you know mike, i have alot of respect for people here (even if i'm somewhat of a prick lol). if someone wants to race a chain all i have to say is have at'er. it just doesn't interest me. probably because work with a saw interests me so much more. i honestly have never seen chain races other then stihl timbersports here in BC either.. my buddy Matt Mooney who is a hotsaw builder did race chain in front of me before (over a 26'er of whiskey :D) and i did honestly find it interesting but that was because of all the crazy things you guys do to a chain i never knew of. i ran race chains on my 3120 and many other saws but i did not find it worth the hours upon hours of work it entails. that's usually what it takes to win any race though. fact of the matter is boys, i would have never considered taking up square filling again after my first try if it weren't for mike's square filing videos.

*smiles* don't think outside the box
Thinking IS the box

Parody time

Sympathy for the rebel

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I am a man of stelth and grace
I been around for many a long time
seen many of men
seal their fate

If you meet me
have... some courtesy..
and some sympathy... and some taste