Times have sure changed here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have Stihl , Husky , Dolmar , Solo , Efco , Echo . But only one Oil , Amsoil Sabre @ 50:1 !
I've heard Amsoil called "the great equalizer". Is it true? Do all of your saws run equally "well" burning it?:popcorn2:

Kudos to OP for firing up an oil thread AND a brand flaming thread all in one!

Once again, all this is horse crap! I will stick with the best chainsaw, hand me a good 60-70-90cc saw with the sharpest chain, they cut best. If you want to talk crap about oil get bewildered involved, things will go downhill fast. I only own Husqvarna, but buy a brand that fits your needs and you enjoy cutting with, as long as it has a SHARP CHAIN. That being said Husqvarna saws are the Best! :yes::rock:

Once again, all this is horse crap! I will stick with the best chainsaw, hand me a good 60-70-90cc saw with the sharpest chain, they cut best. If you want to talk crap about oil get bewildered involved, things will go downhill fast. I only own Husqvarna, but buy a brand that fits your needs and you enjoy cutting with, as long as it has a SHARP CHAIN. That being said Husqvarna saws are the Best! :yes::rock:

BS, they can't cut good once the bolts all rattle out:hi:

I use the manufacturers two stroke mix. Husqvarna gets Husqvarna oil. Simple. Too expensive to screw up a saw with the wrong oil. I’m buying a lot of chainsaws that need rebuilding. Why?
Lack of maintenance and experience, a good operator knows when his saw is right( or wrong ). :cool:

I've heard Amsoil called "the great equalizer". Is it true? Do all of your saws run equally "well" burning it?:popcorn2:

Kudos to OP for firing up an oil thread AND a brand flaming thread all in one!
Hell yeah , actually started running Amsoil back in my Pro mod Snowmobile Racing days @ 70:1 . Pretty well use it in all my 2 strokes @ 50:1 .

Tree service saws are a prime example of this, and a lot more fun to rehab than putting together a box of Chinese parts...
Really haven’t had much luck trying to save a buck using China parts, they either don’t fit without a lot of grinding or cussing, the rubber parts don’t last very long either. :cool:

Hell yeah , actually started running Amsoil back in my Pro mod Snowmobile Racing days @ 70:1 . Pretty well use it in all my 2 strokes @ 50:1 .

I remember back in the late 60's / early 70's, the go to mix ratio for our two-stroke dirt bikes was 20:1.

Damn moto-x tracks looked like a range fire, the smoke was so thick. :rolleyes:

Times have sure changed. Years back there was always a good oil thread go'in on with fists flying and Husqvarna and Stihl ruled. Now nobody wants to talk oil and Dolmar/Makita and Echo make the superior saw.
That's because they are all equal and all get a trophy, we dont want to say any saw is less then the other, they may be offended.

That's because they are all equal and all get a trophy, we dont want to say any saw is less then the other, they may be offended.

Jonsered is dead, stihl is 1 at being a pile of number 2, husqvarna makes a saw, whats a dolmar, and echos have sharp plastic....but they are good for the money you spend.:popcorn2:

Latest posts

Back