Times have sure changed here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once again, all this is horse crap! I will stick with the best chainsaw, hand me a good 60-70-90cc saw with the sharpest chain, they cut best. If you want to talk crap about oil get bewildered involved, things will go downhill fast. I only own Husqvarna, but buy a brand that fits your needs and you enjoy cutting with, as long as it has a SHARP CHAIN. That being said Husqvarna saws are the Best! :yes::rock:
If you can get them started they are ok, but if they are hard to start, then you should change to amsoil

I remember back in the late 60's / early 70's, the go to mix ratio for our two-stroke dirt bikes was 20:1.

Damn moto-x tracks looked like a range fire, the smoke was so thick. :rolleyes:
If you have a MotoX track with a good amount of it requiring the throttle a good way open then with correct jetting /tuning an oil ratio of 20 or just North will have your machine delivering the most power & wearing less between strip downs

Husky 95 octane pre-mix is better than all the rest. :)
Blue gas ( the brand)with a mix of 25/32to 1 ratio of ELF HTX976 was the ultimate mix in the days near the end of the 2smoke MOTO GP road /circuit racing( before it all went 4 stroke) no matter what stickers were on the fairings checking the "brew"in "parc ferme" of the podium places always the same "brew"

I was feeling pretty sick so I bought a Stihl 361, swapped that little 20" bar for a 60" bar (figure if a 170 handles 36"...). Mixed me up some fuel at 100:1 (Amsoil so I'm good). I feel so much better I'm thinking the 361 cured me just by piss revving it, kinda scared to put it in wood and I can't find a big enough tree that is worthy of a 60" bar. Haven't run the saw but it sure looks pretty and I feel fantastic. This bugger just may cure cancer!

Blue gas ( the brand)with a mix of 25/32to 1 ratio of ELF HTX976 was the ultimate mix in the days near the end of the 2smoke MOTO GP road /circuit racing( before it all went 4 stroke) no matter what stickers were on the fairings checking the "brew"in "parc ferme" of the podium places always the same "brew"

I used some "Elf" oil only once. I bought a few litres of it. It seemed to be a VERY good oil. I got it at a bike shop when I was in the "big city" (Calgary). We broke in a few moto bikes with it. I have never found it again, unfortunately. It was a clean burning oil and just seemed "right". It was easy to jet rich with no spooge.

I should find it again...

Filled the crankcase of my Wild Thing with Full Synthetic 0-W20 (had to pour it in through the spark plug hole!) That full synthetic oil sealed up all the air leaks around the piston rings and raised the compression so high that I can't pull the rope anymore!!! It's almost like it locked up or something!!!!!

In those days I tried several oils, including Honda HP2, Yamalube, some Belray stuff, Motul, and a couple of others.

We eventually settled on Amsoil Dominator (buying it by the case), as it was the oil I could jet for torque (rich) and not have spooge. The worst was the Yamalube followed closely by the Honda oil. I think those are both good oils, but I couldn't go at 30-35:1 without a lot of mess.

I have been using the Dominator in saws too, but I don't think it is ideal for saws. I'm looking again...

Filled the crankcase of my Wild Thing with Full Synthetic 0-W20 (had to pour it in through the spark plug hole!) That full synthetic oil sealed up all the air leaks around the piston rings and raised the compression so high that I can't pull the rope anymore!!! It's almost like it locked up or something!!!!!

kidding, right?

I was feeling pretty sick so I bought a Stihl 361, swapped that little 20" bar for a 60" bar (figure if a 170 handles 36"...). Mixed me up some fuel at 100:1 (Amsoil so I'm good). I feel so much better I'm thinking the 361 cured me just by piss revving it, kinda scared to put it in wood and I can't find a big enough tree that is worthy of a 60" bar. Haven't run the saw but it sure looks pretty and I feel fantastic. This bugger just may cure cancer!
You missed the chance to say you pulled the trigger and it ran like a raped ape! But still a good effort. onya.

Wow, we have no Husqvarna dealers in my area anymore. Closest one is about 45 minutes. They won't budge off the MSRP. I couldn't even find on online for that price. I would have bought one for sure. I think that's what I paid for the Dolmar out the door with a bottle of oil and a couple files.
You went to the wrong dealer. Just purchased a 562xp for $580 out the door.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wow, we have no Husqvarna dealers in my area anymore. Closest one is about 45 minutes. They won't budge off the MSRP. I couldn't even find on online for that price. I would have bought one for sure. I think that's what I paid for the Dolmar out the door with a bottle of oil and a couple files.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
There are some great dealers that are site sponsors. You'll be hard pressed to beat their prices. And they ship

Back