Today may be the last day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burned Hard since Nov 22nd, will see what the weather dictates..

73 deg here yesterday. We have been burning half dry wood for a month. We got behind on splitting. But we now have about three truckloads of bark and little chunks to burn. At that point the log yard will be completely empty. Eyes are wide open for free rounds.

Still burning. Highs a little warmer this week in the forecast but highs in the mid forties by next weekend. I normally burn until mid May but by then it's just dhw and to heat the pool. I warm the pool with the boiler in the spring so my poor delicate children don't have to go swimming in 50 degree water. OK, truth is it's for me cause the kids will go in when it's 50 but I'm not going in till it is at least 80. I was surprised how much wood it took the first time I warmed the pool. Three loads of wood a day for about a week. Am burning next years wood cause I finished up this years about April 1. Oh well I'll just keep splitting since there is a lot more wood out back.

I've had to quit burning...when it gets into the 60s, the stove won't draft very well and causes everything to soot/creosote up...

I've had to quit burning...when it gets into the 60s, the stove won't draft very well and causes everything to soot/creosote up...

how hot do you need it in your house:laugh: if it starts creaping into the mid 60's windows open up for fresh air! i just stopped burningthis weekend and started planting the garden. i guess the high pressure forcing cold air down in the north east finally broke up.

Mixed rain and snow -temp around 32. Going to get another arm load. Hit 49 degrees yesterday-life is good.

This may be the last day to burn wood untill next fall, It's finally warming up enough to let the fire go out.:clap: We have burned longer this year than i can remember. But like last year it's going straight from winter to summer, next week it's supposed to be in the 80's. this week was highs in the 40's:dizzy:

Same for me in the 10 years that I've been here. I told my wife the other day how crazy/funny it is that I'm building a fire and there's pollen blowing everywhere.

Kevin

The temperature at noon yesterday was 47 degrees inside my house. I had returned from camping at the confluence of the Pacific Ocean and the Columbia River, where there was a gale warning and heavy rain, of course. Needless to say, a fire was lit in the little woodstove, and another one today, and most likely on into June.

That's normal. Don't move here.

how hot do you need it in your house:laugh: if it starts creaping into the mid 60's windows open up for fresh air! i just stopped burningthis weekend and started planting the garden. i guess the high pressure forcing cold air down in the north east finally broke up.

We typically keep it burning just to keep the embers so not to light a cold stove every night...it was dropping into the low 30s at night.

I didn't say that I didn't have the windows open now did I?

Same here in central pa. Still seeing temps in the 30's at night. We have an OWB so we just open the windows thru the day to keep the fire burning because of the temps thru the day have been 60-70's. Probably do that until May.

U guys all SUCK! 14° this am wind chill at 4°. High of 29° wind 15-30mph. Still haven't hit 40° this spring.

Latest posts

Back