Trade two for one???? 440's for new 441 or 460???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SustainableTree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Okay boys (and girls)....I just picked up my second 440 on Craigslist for $200. Came with the full wrap handle and 28" bar. Here's my CAD dilema- Should I flip the two I have on fleabay and get a brand new 441 (read all the posts...true believer in the 440 but curiosity is one of my downfalls) or a new 460 OR keep the two 440s? I am kind of partial to my first one (440) at least...but a brand new saw, well you know! Never had a virgin saw! Thanks

If you do not need them both I would keep the nicer one and flip the other. For sure, I would not get rid of both of them.

Adam

The 440 is a favorite saw for good reason...

I wouldn't trade two running 440's for one new 441.

I've bought new, I've bought used, the difference can be several hundred dollars difference and a few hours in the field. Shiney plastic doesn't improve the performance of a saw.

That being said I do like to keep my saws in the best shape possible.

keep them both

there's already a good set of spare parts to be had
in case one goes kaput

but if you don't want the wrap handle i'll trade for a half wrap

I wouldn't trade two running 440's for a half a dozen 441's, but that's just my opinion.:cheers:

Andy

in this case its a good one.

keep the better running 440 sell the other and then put that money to a 460. dont bother with the 441 thing weighs the same as a 460 and that saw got more balls, as it should being 7cc's bigger. its a no brainer really.

i wouldn't trade one 440 for a new 441.
if your looking for a new saw trade the two in for a new 460 or a 372xp.

personally i would just keep both the 440's as two saws are better than one.

A 440 with 28" bar and wraps for $200 is a good deal, I wish mine had the wrap bars on it (and I had to add the 28" bar beause the 25" that came with the saw had a trashed nose sprocket)- I paid $144 plus shipping for mine. If it were me I'd probably keep them both, but might sell the least favorite 440 and get a 460. I like those two saws a bunch.

Thanks for all the replies! I agree more saws are better....I would love to keep both AND get a new 460. I have ruled out the 441, just a weak moment. I may sell one and put the money towards a new 460 or try to find a good deal on a used one. Would really like a new saw though, bought all mine used so far. Thanks again.

Thanks for all the replies! I agree more saws are better....I would love to keep both AND get a new 460. I have ruled out the 441, just a weak moment. I may sell one and put the money towards a new 460 or try to find a good deal on a used one. Would really like a new saw though, bought all mine used so far. Thanks again.

given your saw lineup i dont see a need for a 460. if its a CAD thingy sell one 440 and puts the monies on a 460 or better yet a 372xp/ dolmar 7900.

:cheers:

It's a CAD thing.....I would like to see how the 460 compares to the 440 and I just would like it in the lineup . Both 440s have factory DP mufflers, so I would pull it off the one I sell and put it on the 460. Does anyone that runs both even notice the extra weight of the 460?

..................................been thinking about what all STIHL guys wished their lineup finished with, everyone knows what 440x2= 880!!Wife might question the "usefulness" of that one though!!

Back