Tsumura light bars in Canada, getting some new sizes, any thoughts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been mainly selling the longer bars for the West Coast fallers, but I can also get made up some smaller light bars. They are about 17% lighter than a solid bar in a 20 inch length. I can also get some laminate lightweight bars in smaller sizes. I was thinking of getting some Husky large mount in 24" lightweight and Husky small mount in 20" lightweight. The 20 would be .058 .325, not sure if that is the most common, maybe in .050? That then can be swapped to 3/8ths. Then some Stihl light in 20 and possibly 24. I have to order large quantities, so I don't want to get into the slow sellers yet. Or too many guages. So any Canadians interested in a certain size, just let me know.

Thanks, Dave.

Last edited:
I have been mainly selling the longer bars for the West Coast fallers, but I can also get made up some smaller light bars. They are about 17% lighter than a solid bar in a 20 inch length. I can also get some laminate lightweight bars in smaller sizes. I was thinking of getting some Husky large mount in 24" lightweight and Husky small mount in 20" lightweight. The 20 would be .058 .325, not sure if that is the most common, maybe in .050? That then can be swapped to 3/8ths. Then some Stihl light in 20 and possibly 24. I have to order large quantities, so I don't want to get into the slow sellers yet. Or too many guages. So any Canadians interested in a certain size, just let me know.

Thanks, Dave.

I would like one in 3/8 50gauge in a 20 or 24 for a husq 365xt

I personally, would have no interest in 3/8 .058. All 3/8 in this part of the country is .050. Not hatin', just sayin'.

Our Canadian market is a little different, hardly any use .050 except for small bars. Also many fallers only want .063 for Husky bars. Its a headache to please everyone. Good thing with .058 is after awhile you can fit .063 into the bar.

Dave.

Our Canadian market is a little different......Good thing with .058 is after awhile you can fit .063 into the bar. Dave.

You've got to be kidding?.......Chains don't wear the groove for a perfect fit! The "worn out" 0.58 rails will need to be re-grooved.

I am not in Canada, but I know of several people including myself who would love to see a 24" 3/8 .050 light bar in large mount Husqvarna.

Sugi has that in Stihl mount. Been running one on my 372 for awhile with the baileys adapter. Everything lines up perfect, no filing on anything, oils the same, and plenty of adjustment on the adjuster. Still takes an 84 driver chain too.

Of course it isn't a Tsumura though....

Last edited:
I would like 24 x3/8 x 0.58 but even more interested in a lightweight 16 x .325x0.58 sm mount.

Thank god nobody not even Stihl users in these parts run anything in 0.63!

I would like 24 x3/8 x 0.58 but even more interested in a lightweight 16 x .325x0.58 sm mount.

Thank god nobody not even Stihl users in these parts run anything in 0.63!

I will be getting the 24 light in the .058. Also the small Husky mount in 20, maybe a 16 also .058.
.325 and 3/8ths.

Dave.

.050 lage mount

I use .050 in 3/8 husky large mount on dolmars & husky in 20,24 and 28. If have these pm me a price.Steve

I am close to Canada so my wish list is-

large mount 24"
small mount 18" 3/8
small mount 16" .325

Gauge is not a big deal to me, as I have a mixture of everything already. Would be awesome if you can sell these into the US.

Latest posts

Back