Unprofessional?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr P...I wanna tell ya something from a combat Marines' perspective...you question me as to whether I'm a climber or a tree man...come on my man. I guess everyone here is probably just some idiot in your book, whether they have tree dealings everyday or not.

I'm willing to offer this...I bet I can hang in your tree cutting world all day long. Best question is...can you hang in the aircraft world...flight controls, avionics, and electrical? I'm willing to bet you'd be scratching your Dr ass...just me thinking. I take a helluva lot of pride, my man, keeping these birds flying. I was a young Marine many yrs ago, banking on the service and maintenance work on these 'first class Deltas' ...to get my ass to the battlefront, and home again...to see my children.

You can probably teach this Jarhead a thing or ten about cuttin' trees...I bet I can do the same with you...with those things that fly. Ya rectum??

Give the gal a break my man...

Dr P...I wanna tell ya something from a combat Marines' perspective...you question me as to whether I'm a climber or a tree man...come on my man. I guess everyone here is probably just some idiot in your book, whether they have tree dealings everyday or not.

I'm willing to offer this...I bet I can hang in your tree cutting world all day long. Best question is...can you hang in the aircraft world...flight controls, avionics, and electrical? I'm willing to bet you'd be scratching your Dr ass...just me thinking. I take a helluva lot of pride, my man, keeping these birds flying. I was a young Marine many yrs ago, banking on the service and maintenance work on these 'first class Deltas' ...to get my ass to the battlefront, and home again...to see my children.

You can probably teach this Jarhead a thing or ten about cuttin' trees...I bet I can do the same with you...with those things that fly. Ya rectum??

This could get interesting. And any questions about cutting trees you can just give me a call I been doing it too long!

Some people, like the Doc. and I, might see above quote as bait to keep some fellas dangling on the thread.

"Sandy" could also be seen as quite an accomplished fisher person.

JMO, it's entertaining but not "real". :)
It didn't occur to me that it would be taken that way. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
I was just being silly.
Anyway, even though I can't delete the quotes, I've deleted what I posted.

Aside from dr.pee, this has been real entertaining. Good lesson on why to give WRITTEN bids.
It really is . Good reminder . One time I saw a homeowner try to change what was on his bid the dope wrote it in pencil and his copy was a carbon copy :ices_rofl: It just pissed me off .

Yes, there's quite a bit your missing. First of all, why do you refuse to take her comments at face value? Could it be that she really is telling the truth? If she wanted work done for nothing, then why is she bothering to come here and ask for advice? She's not going to get any help from us who live so far away.

Second of all, I agree with you that there are two sides to every story, and her angle likely doesn't have all the facts, but is that any reason to assume she's lying and manipulating?

Third, she came here for advice and perhaps a bit of sympathy - why do you feel the need to slam her? Do you swat flies with a sledgehammer? If you had something helpful to say that might have been a 'painful truth' moment, didn't it occur to your highly educated mind that being nice about it is much more likely to sink in than being an ass?

And Fourth, there's nothing much any of us can do anyway - AS is what is known as "Social Media." Why be so unsociable? When your friend is crying because his dog died, you don't tell him to quit being such a baby over something so stupid - you pat his had and offer him sympathy, regardless of what you feel about his actions. It's called "kindness."

You really ought to give it a shot sometime. I know they don't teach it in higher level education. You'll have to learn it elsewhere. (Perhaps right here....:rolleyes:)
:clap::clap::clap::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::rock2::rock2::rock2:

Aside from dr.pee, this has been real entertaining. Good lesson on why to give WRITTEN bids.
Abso-freeking-lutely!! And that is entirely, 200%, what my gripe is - I NEVER would have agreed to let anyone, especially someone with a chain saw and heavy equipment, do any work on my property without having the details in writing first. I have always been that way and I always will be.

Anyway, I'm over it.
I'd rather get back on the topic - of being off topic. :p

It didn't occur to me that it would be taken that way. Thanks for pointing that out to me.
I was just being silly.

It's not taken that way by anyone with any sense. Only troublemakers and those in the "please offend me" crowd train themselves to find ways to twist words to hurt someone. What a shame.

What I find kind of funny, is that Dr. Pee said:

I have had countless encounters with women who would try to use flirtatious promiscuity with me to try to make me clean up the fallen tree that had sat for years and years to which they have convinced themselves it was art and to hang birdfeeders of it roots after exhausting all other avenues of getting it removed without monetary compensation.

I've been doing home improvements for 8 years now, constantly going in to womens' homes to work. Never had a single flirtatious encounter at all. Now perhaps Pee is better looking than I am (most people are, that's why I have the 'stache), but I'm rather suspicious of his claim. Anyone else here have to beat the women with a stick in order do the work you were hired to do?

Abso-freeking-lutely!! And that is entirely, 200%, what my gripe is - I NEVER would have agreed to let anyone, especially someone with a chain saw and heavy equipment, do any work on my property without having the details in writing first. I have always been that way and I always will be.

And as evidence, let me tell you a little story about me and a certain ambulance driver...
My mother had a stroke three years ago and we rushed her to the hospital in an ambulance.
While waiting in the emergency waiting room, the ambulance driver walked up to me and asked me to sign a paper, some kind of receipt/agreement to pay thingy. Of course I signed it, handed it back to him expecting him to hand me back my copy. When he started to walk away, I said wait a minute, where's my copy? He told me I could pick it up at their office in three days. Well, that didn't sit well with me.
I stood up and informed him I don't sign anything without getting a copy. He still refused, so I tried to grab it out of his hand, managing to retrieve only the top corner of it. We did a little dance around the waiting room for a few minutes and I told him, "For Pete's sake, all you have to do is ask the girl here to use her copy machine!" He thought about that for a few seconds and did make me a copy. See? That wasn't so hard was it?
When I turned around to sit down, I realized the room was nearly full. Several people were grinning and some gave me the thumbs up.
I was already all tore up about my mom, having to deal with that idiot pushed me over the edge.

So, you see, I'm a stickler for have things in writing, and having a copy of agreements.

And as evidence, let me tell you a little story about me and a certain ambulance driver...
My mother had a stroke three years ago and we rushed her to the hospital in an ambulance.
While waiting in the emergency waiting room, the ambulance driver walked up to me and asked me to sign a paper, some kind of receipt/agreement to pay thingy. Of course I signed it, handed it back to him expecting him to hand me back my copy. When he started to walk away, I said wait a minute, where's my copy? He told me I could pick it up at their office in three days. Well, that didn't sit well with me.
I stood up and informed him I don't sign anything without getting a copy. He still refused, so I tried to grab it out of his hand, managing to retrieve only the top corner of it. We did a little dance around the waiting room for a few minutes and I told him, "For Pete's sake, all you have to do is ask the girl here to use her copy machine!" He thought about that for a few seconds and did make me a copy. See? That wasn't so hard was it?
When I turned around to sit down, I realized the room was nearly full. Several people were grinning and some gave me the thumbs up.
I was already all tore up about my mom, having to deal with that idiot pushed me over the edge.

So, you see, I'm a stickler for have things in writing, and having a copy of agreements.
Gotta like that...

It's not taken that way by anyone with any sense. Only troublemakers and those in the "please offend me" crowd train themselves to find ways to twist words to hurt someone. What a shame.

I've been doing home improvements for 8 years now, constantly going in to womens' homes to work. Never had a single flirtatious encounter at all. Now perhaps Pee is better looking than I am (most people are, that's why I have the 'stache), but I'm rather suspicious of his claim. Anyone else here have to beat the women with a stick in order do the work you were hired to do?
:happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::happybanana::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::yes:
Best laugh yet. TY

Good to see ya Cape...how's everything been going for ya?

Never? I have had some very friendly ones, but they were not looking for a price break or anything like that.

Then he gets an idea... he says to me, "You know, this is a $500 job, cutting this trunk, moving it and hauling it off..." That's when the Italian in me came out.
I said I never asked him to do anything and if I need to, I'll take him to court. At that precise moment the deputy pulled in the driveway. I said, "Hold that thought, I'll be right back."

So anyway, the deputy says it's a civil matter and then tells HIM that he can take me to court if he feels I owe him money. I keep trying to tell the deputy that there was never any agreement in the first place. Not getting it........

The more I thought about it, this scam artist could easily take ME to court saying he did this work and I refused to pay him... especially if there is no criminal report filed. So I call the police back and ask if a report was made. No there wasn't. Please send out another officer. Now there is a report.
In MOST States (don't know about TN), the Statute of Frauds says that contracts for goods and services $500 and up are ONLY enforceable if they are in writing. If says he was going to charge you $499 he might have a chance (but not likely with the police report now?). However, it he takes you to court and says you owe him $500 just smile say "Yes, that is the price you offered. I did not accept - as evidenced by the lack of a written contract." and ask if he has a written contract.

Having said that, I'd have pushed the deputy harder. Why is it not criminal damaging or vandalism? If he spray painted your car it would be - and you'd have to pay money to have that corrected so there could be a civil matter as well. How is this any different???

In MOST States (don't know about TN), the Statute of Frauds says that contracts for goods and services $500 and up are ONLY enforceable if they are in writing. If says he was going to charge you $499 he might have a chance (but not likely with the police report now?). However, it he takes you to court and says you owe him $500 just smile say "Yes, that is the price you offered. I did not accept - as evidenced by the lack of a written contract." and ask if he has a written contract.

Having said that, I'd have pushed the deputy harder. Why is it not criminal damaging or vandalism? If he spray painted your car it would be - and you'd have to pay money to have that corrected so there could be a civil matter as well. How is this any different???
Exactly. That's why I called back and had them send out another deputy to make a report. The second officer told me I should talk to the commissioner, which I probably will do tomorrow when I go pick up a copy of the report.

The $500 pitch was something he made up on the spur of the moment - after he had done the damage. The day before when we were walking around the yard, he told me for him to do the "small work" I would have to agree to pay him to take down the pecan and holly trees. I told him I understood that, but I didn't want the holly taken down just yet because there were several squirrels nesting in it now - possibly July or August. I also specifically told him the hickory log was at the very bottom of my priority list. When I asked him for a price for the "small stuff" he told me to call him later that night about it. As the day went on, I decided that was more money than I wanted to spend, so I didn't call him, thinking that would be the end of it. $750 just for the holly tree - which I thought was a reasonable price.
The next morning he calls me and tells me he can do " a lot of it" for "about $300-$400." I told him I would make a detailed list of what I wanted done so he could give me an exact price. he said Okay and that he would call me back at noon. Those were literally the last words we spoke before he took it upon himself to come out and start hacking away.
So, the price he gave me verbally over the phone to do "a lot" of the work included, not only disposing of the log, but also scraping several areas of privet and cutting down several small trees.
The $500 was totally bogus.

Exactly. That's why I called back and had them send out another deputy to make a report. The second officer told me I should talk to the commissioner, which I probably will do tomorrow when I go pick up a copy of the report.

The $500 pitch was something he made up on the spur of the moment - after he had done the damage. The day before when we were walking around the yard, he told me for him to do the "small work" I would have to agree to pay him to take down the pecan and holly trees. I told him I understood that, but I didn't want the holly taken down just yet because there were several squirrels nesting in it now - possibly July or August. I also specifically told him the hickory log was at the very bottom of my priority list. When I asked him for a price for the "small stuff" he told me to call him later that night about it. As the day went on, I decided that was more money than I wanted to spend, so I didn't call him, thinking that would be the end of it. $750 just for the holly tree - which I thought was a reasonable price.
The next morning he calls me and tells me he can do " a lot of it" for "about $300-$400." I told him I would make a detailed list of what I wanted done so he could give me an exact price. he said Okay and that he would call me back at noon. Those were literally the last words we spoke before he took it upon himself to come out and start hacking away.
So, the price he gave me verbally over the phone to do "a lot" of the work included, not only disposing of the log, but also scraping several areas of privet and cutting down several small trees.
The $500 was totally bogus.
Call the BBB and see if this jerk has a bunch of complaints against him.

Part of life is learning what not to do again: another, much cheaper part, is learning what not to do from someone else's experiences.

I appreciate her sharing her current experience, and allowing us to learn from it.

We will send a bill for the derailment and subsequent hysterical laughter. [emoji6]

Post marked somewhere between Chattanooga & Nashville.

#Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Back