Used Dolmar PS-6800 Ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a new Tillotson on my Dolmar 111i and the saw will not continue to run with the injector on. It will flutter a couple licks just like a choke type Walbro. You then turn the injector off and it starts usually on the second pull. With the original carb it would start and run (but rich) with the injector (choke mechanism) on.

My 6000i will start and run for a few seconds with the lever on.

I put a new Tillotson on my Dolmar 111i and the saw will not continue to run with the injector on.

From what I've seen the 111i has the pull type choke switch that are found on the non-injected models. Does the Tillotson still work like the carb with flip up and down style like on the 6000i or 6800i?

Both my 6000i and my 111i have Tillotson carbs.

The choke control lever on the 6000i is a twist on-off lever

The choke control on the 111i is a push-pull device which twists the injector control on the carb.

The choke control on the Walbro carbed 111 and that of the Tillotson carbed 111i look identical on the outside of the saw. However, the part inside the saw that attaches to the carb is made different. The knobs have different part numbers.

Latest posts

Back