Used splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a change to buy a used Iorn and Oak 22 ton splitter , it was bought new last fall has been rent 2 times , it looks like new yet , has 6.5 briggs on it , would like to know if 1500.00 would be a good buy , it has the log dislodger on it .

TEDMI.

Seems fair.Brand new, they go for around $2200.I would say that price seems good if it is in the shape you say.

yup seems like a good deal for a quality splitter. 1500 isn't jacks... in the greater scene of things.

i just got a iron and oak 26ton with the 9hp honda gx for 2250 to my door. i looked at a lightly used rental before i bought new, they wanted 2000 for a 8 month old model with a subaru robin engine. i figured why not give 250 more and have a new one with a honda.:clap:

anyways if its that nice then go for it thats a good price on a hell of a machine!

I will pick it up today

I will pick up the new , to me I/O splitter to today, It has been rented out 2 times both times for 4 hours each , I will post pictures later. Also has the log dis-lodger

Here are the specs on this splitter.

TEDMI

22 ton, horizontal and vertical log splitter with 12 second cycle time. Machine features bolt-on wheels, reinforced H-beam, and choice of Briggs & Stratton

Features/Specifications:
Beam: 6" Heavy Duty H-Beam (Reinforced)
Wedge (Replaceable): 6" High Carbon Steel with Compound Angle
Tires: Highway Grade - 4.80 X 4.00 X 8" Mounted to Bolt-On Wheels
Log Opening: Accommodates up to 26" Logs
Ram Pressure: 22 Tons (Calculated)
Cycle Time: Approximately 12 Seconds
Hitch Coupler: 2" Locking Ball (Standard)
Hydraulics:
Cylinder: 4" Diameter
Gear Pump: 11 GPM - Hi/Lo
Control Valve: Auto Return
Hydraulic Oil Capacity: 9.5 Gallons
Hydraulic Oil Filter: Standard Spin-On 60 Micron

Iron and oak

I do not think you will be disappointed in the Iron and Oak. I have the 26 ton with honda engine and works great. Quality machine.

22 ton

I got the splitter home , and it looks petty good , cant wait to give it a try , I bought the splitter from a local Ace hardware in Lowell .

I have to say I like it alot , I know I will be happy with it .

TEDMI

100_0083.jpg

100_0079.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal, looks like new.Is that the model with the eight second cycle time? If so,does it really cycle that fast or is Iron and Oak using a bit marketing free license. been looking at that model myself.

splitter

Thanks , I cant wait to try it out , the cycle time on it is about 13 seconds,

TEDMI.

Back