Used splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
I have a change to buy a used Iorn and Oak 22 ton splitter , it was bought new last fall has been rent 2 times , it looks like new yet , has 6.5 briggs on it , would like to know if 1500.00 would be a good buy , it has the log dislodger on it .

TEDMI.

jbighump

jbighump

ArboristSite Guru
i just got a iron and oak 26ton with the 9hp honda gx for 2250 to my door. i looked at a lightly used rental before i bought new, they wanted 2000 for a 8 month old model with a subaru robin engine. i figured why not give 250 more and have a new one with a honda.:clap:

anyways if its that nice then go for it thats a good price on a hell of a machine!

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
I will pick it up today

I will pick up the new , to me I/O splitter to today, It has been rented out 2 times both times for 4 hours each , I will post pictures later. Also has the log dis-lodger

Here are the specs on this splitter.

TEDMI

22 ton, horizontal and vertical log splitter with 12 second cycle time. Machine features bolt-on wheels, reinforced H-beam, and choice of Briggs & Stratton

Features/Specifications:
Beam: 6" Heavy Duty H-Beam (Reinforced)
Wedge (Replaceable): 6" High Carbon Steel with Compound Angle
Tires: Highway Grade - 4.80 X 4.00 X 8" Mounted to Bolt-On Wheels
Log Opening: Accommodates up to 26" Logs
Ram Pressure: 22 Tons (Calculated)
Cycle Time: Approximately 12 Seconds
Hitch Coupler: 2" Locking Ball (Standard)
Hydraulics:
Cylinder: 4" Diameter
Gear Pump: 11 GPM - Hi/Lo
Control Valve: Auto Return
Hydraulic Oil Capacity: 9.5 Gallons
Hydraulic Oil Filter: Standard Spin-On 60 Micron

tdb

ArboristSite Operative
22 ton

I got the splitter home , and it looks petty good , cant wait to give it a try , I bought the splitter from a local Ace hardware in Lowell .

I have to say I like it alot , I know I will be happy with it .

TEDMI

100_0083.jpg

100_0079.jpg

Last edited:
curmudgeon

curmudgeon

ArboristSite Lurker
Good deal, looks like new.Is that the model with the eight second cycle time? If so,does it really cycle that fast or is Iron and Oak using a bit marketing free license. been looking at that model myself.

Latest posts