Weirdest saw in your collection pics required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a few oddballs...
Eclipse Wasp,
738e03452728984253f1a7a89b798e47.jpg
31e3fbbcf99eedec4b282744760042f1.jpg

Wards Power Kraft
49caded8d2f4c5abfb6e78a172583617.jpg
761a1e12ac891d2095cc5b6b5c8ff8d8.jpg

Lancaster with West Bend 500 series engine
47c31c389e9d59482c14f35b1adbcdba.jpg
1d0a798a1b90f213e4cb9a6179605be2.jpg

Gotta ask...why...cause its cool looking. I can respect that. I would have to hide it from my other half. What do you think a good price would be for it?
I have an old Diston without a bar. And a complete old Mall that you spin the bar on it to change when cutting from horizontal to vertical. Gonna have to snap a picture of them. Diston was $10, the Mall was free, its very clean[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

That's a nice saw. What's the "Dynamic"/ Partner story?
Looks like it's all there except the steel cabled starter handle?
You have good eyes, the only missing part is the steel cable for the starter.
Not sure on the Dynamic Partner link, most or all that came to Australia were badged that way?
According to a write up by MacBob these saws were imported from Partner by Southern Dynamics of Melbourne.

Gotta ask...why...cause its cool looking. I can respect that. I would have to hide it from my other half. What do you think a good price would be for it?
I have an old Diston without a bar. And a complete old Mall that you spin the bar on it to change when cutting from horizontal to vertical. Gonna have to snap a picture of them. Diston was $10, the Mall was free, its very clean[emoji106]

I think I paid $10-15 for my wright. plus a 10 minute drive. I figured that was decent for a wall hanger/conversation piece. It is the saw everyone wants to see when they come over.

Alright seeings the Homelite c7 boat motor and the ts350 impact conversions are so cool let's open this up to also include saws with unusual conversions.
ADLM

Nothing special but I do have a nice Wright GS5020, lost a race to a Mini Mac...

Wright s1.JPG

This one is a bit odd, balanced piston design with the original self sharpening chain.

DSCN0024.JPG

This one also has two pistons & cylinders, horizontally opposed. The one in the middle is mine, the other two belong to Guido Salvage.

DSC06020.JPG

This is also a twin cylinder, but a vertical twin in this case, really sounds like it is going fast with two bangs for every revolution.

034.JPG

This one has no piston, wankel rotary powered.

DSC05594.JPG

This is an old Lancaster I think, West Bend powered with the carburetor in the front. This one is now with my brother Rheima.

DSCN1535.jpg

This is one that I gave to Cliff (Mr. Bowsaw), one of only a few saw with the bar on the left. It also had an unusual chain, and squeezing the throttle works the manual oiler.

DSC00578.JPG

DSC00579.JPG

Mark

What model is the rotary powered saw?

Nothing special but I do have a nice Wright GS5020, lost a race to a Mini Mac...

View attachment 534156

This one is a bit odd, balanced piston design with the original self sharpening chain.

View attachment 534157

This one also has two pistons & cylinders, horizontally opposed. The one in the middle is mine, the other two belong to Guido Salvage.

View attachment 534159

This is also a twin cylinder, but a vertical twin in this case, really sounds like it is going fast with two bangs for every revolution.

View attachment 534160

This one has no piston, wankel rotary powered.

View attachment 534161

This is an old Lancaster I think, West Bend powered with the carburetor in the front. This one is now with my brother Rheima.

View attachment 534162

This is one that I gave to Cliff (Mr. Bowsaw), one of only a few saw with the bar on the left. It also had an unusual chain, and squeezing the throttle works the manual oiler.

View attachment 534163

View attachment 534164

Mark
I really like the way those solo twins sound pretty neat stuff there

Back