Weirdest saw in your collection pics required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some oddballs, a Mall, a Hoffco, a Whitehead, a West Bend powered Lancaster, etc. Try toting this "1 man" Reed-Prentiss around for a day...

View attachment 534642
You see a saw like that and have to think - how much they must have wanted to get away from using a manual saw to want to carry something like that around.

Must be well over 600 ft lbs for truck lug nuts. My 1" gun is 1000 ft lbs and it struggles at times.
That was a wild guess at 600ft lbs torque.

I looked it up on Geismars RR products.
it's actually up to 2600 Nm. or approximately 1918 ft lbs (with an MS290 for power.) which is around the same power range as a TS350.
Dang

http://www.keysourcerail.com.au/miw-2/

I figure the Precision bow saw fits in here,

bbow4.jpg

Just an ordinary Partner R16. But in my pile it stands out.
d1d17e8312f6d213a20c9225f00caa49.jpg

Notice the lack of fuel and oil caps on the left side.
That's because they are on the right.
Especially the oil cap is right below and forward of the sprocket. Guaranteed to get a ton of chips in the tank(s).

What were they thinking?[emoji15]

If you look at the partner "cubes" there is no room for any caps on the left side... Actually, this design is quite neat as you just roll the saw on the left side of the handles to fill the tanks - no scratches on the painted surfaces.

If you look at the partner "cubes" there is no room for any caps on the left side... Actually, this design is quite neat as you just roll the saw on the left side of the handles to fill the tanks - no scratches on the painted surfaces.

But, then you have the 'teeter totter' effect rocking on the wrap handle.

I resort to using a 'C' clamp to hold it on my bench for filling at home.[emoji57]

Those Brits were known for being thrifty, saved big by not needing added on fuel and oil tanks.
I wonder what they did when the chain came loose and started cutting through the handle and started leaking gas all over the ground, just like I see has happened on my big macs.

Latest posts

Back