Went to the toy store today...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up a new FS130R trimmer. DAYUMMM! This thing is a monster! It actually might be a little overkill. But, thats how I roll. Knocks down thick 2' tall grass like nothin. Gotta be careful around trees and siding with this bad boy. I had one of those Troy Built 4 strokes which are pretty darned heavy and it didnt cut nothin like this 130. The head spins the other direction, so I've gotta get used to that. I also picked up the 3 blade attachment for it because I've got a lot of overgrown ditch line to do at my mom's house. Cant wait to try that out.

Last edited:
I have a KM130R, and you are correct, I was weed wacking my back yard and had grass that was 5' to 6' tall in spots, It just took it down. Also that three blad brush blade kicks some but in the brush, I use it regularly to mow down knot wood and other vines around my property.

A purchase you will enjoy for years to come, and will not regret!!!

I'm seriously thinking of getting the pole saw attachment for mine, I think it will be handy.

hello neighbor.....D&G?

Hi there! Nope, I get my stuff in Linden. I dont deal with them guys a D&G. There's also a great shop in Mason that I go to, they've got everything in there. I usually make that trip after work cuz its not too far away from there.

Hi there! Nope, I get my stuff in Linden. I dont deal with them guys a D&G.

yep i dont like them either altho i do buy chains from D&G..... i think i know of the place in linden your talkin bout off silver lake rd.....

yep i dont like them either altho i do buy chains from D&G..... i think i know of the place in linden your talkin bout off silver lake rd.....

Yep, they're in the same building as the hardware store there. Used to be Tru Value, now they changed to Ace.

Its pretty bad, my neighbor is a sales guy at the D&G in williamston, still dont go there. Trying to use the new trimmer in cognito is pretty hard though when he's out in the yard.

Last edited:
The head spins the other direction, so I've gotta get used to that.

That is the one thing that I really don't like about the Stihl and Husky trimmers is the head rotation. I grew up trimming hundreds of hours with Homelite trimmers and when I used a Stihl, EVERYTHING was backwards.
So, not that I've got my Troy-Bilt 4-stroke trimmer, it's like second nature again with the proper rotation.

Congrats on a buying a beast of a trimmer though...

TFB

Latest posts

Back